[SOLVED] Port Forwarding Stopped Working and I Cant get it to work Again.

Cole.perera

Prominent
Jul 18, 2018
General info : minecraft server (port 25565) that IS visible over my LAN,
Router : ZTE F660
Host PC : i5 - 7600k, 16GB RAM, gtx 1080, asus z270g mobo

This is what I set up. It did work in the past but randomly stopped one day : https://ibb.co/t27C4c6
Screenshot-59.png

Whenever I try to connect to my server through the internet i get a connection timed out error and I do not know what else to do. I have called my ISP and they said that the ports aren't blocked by them and my setup should work. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Solution
Ok, I have shared a screenshot of the settings on my router. Whats wrong with them? Are there more settings i should be adjusting?
I don't have a ZTE router, so might be missing something small, but everything seems to be correct and, as you said, it stopped working without you making a change.

One thing that bugs me, it seems you have 2 port forwards (one named Minecraft and one pm_2) doing the same thing ... that might confuse the router.

Other possibilities ...
  1. an update on your computer activated or changed the firewall and the requests are forwarded by the server, but blocked at the computer (new antivirus software?)
  2. an update on the router has broken port forwarding
  3. your ISP has decided to block that port
Router has been rebooted and shieldsup gave me this message
"THE EQUIPMENT AT THE TARGET IP ADDRESS
DID NOT RESPOND TO OUR UPnP PROBES! "
I'm assuming this is bad?

Actually, that's good ... UPnP should never be exposed to the internet. But you have run the wrong test.

You want to type in "25565" in the entry box kinda in the middle and then select "User Specified Custom Port Probe"

Cole.perera

Prominent
Jul 18, 2018
Actually, that's good ... UPnP should never be exposed to the internet. But you have run the wrong test.

You want to type in "25565" in the entry box kinda in the middle and then select "User Specified Custom Port Probe"
Thank you, I ran the right test and got a result of status "stealth" and "Unknown Protocol for this port , Unknown Application for this port "

Ok, I have shared a screenshot of the settings on my router. Whats wrong with them? Are there more settings i should be adjusting?
I don't have a ZTE router, so might be missing something small, but everything seems to be correct and, as you said, it stopped working without you making a change.

One thing that bugs me, it seems you have 2 port forwards (one named Minecraft and one pm_2) doing the same thing ... that might confuse the router.

Other possibilities ...
  1. an update on your computer activated or changed the firewall and the requests are forwarded by the server, but blocked at the computer (new antivirus software?)

Solution

Cole.perera

Prominent
Jul 18, 2018

Other possibilities ...
Thank you for the help. I deleted all my rules and created a new one with all the same settings and have restarted the router. I also verified that I do have firewall exceptions in place for my server and programs in windows. I don't run any software other then windows defender and for trouble shooting completely turned off my firewalls for a minute. Unfortunately none of this worked and I got the same result every time on the sheildsup test.

I will call my ISP again tomorrow during their bushiness hours and ask if they have messed with anything on their end.

Is there anything else I should try in the meanwhile?