XoneRato

Reputable
Jul 29, 2016
Hi, i'm trying to port foward for years now and i still can't open ports correctly to my pc. I've one modem of my ISP (Technicolor TG784n v3) connected to a Lan port on my router (TL-WR941N), my pc is connected to that router. I tried everything and i can't open any port when i check on those websites such as www.canyouseeme.org. I already tried bridging my router, configured it as a AP, DMZ from my modem to my router, port fowarding in which one and both at the same time. Nothing worked..
My setup is:
Modem
Technicolor TG784n v3
Firewall off
DMZ off

Router
TL-WR941N
LAN IP: 192.168.1.1
DHCP OFF
Firewall off
DMZ off

Start simple and only use the technicolor router. You need to first determine if you are getting a public or private ip. It should display it somewhere in the internet settings. You need to compare this ip to the one you see on canyouseeme. If they are different it is likely you do not have a public ip and will not be successful doing port forwarding.

After that try to set the pc you want to use in DMZ just to test. This eliminates that you have port forwarding setup wrong.

After you get it working on the technicolor you can work to get the second router in the path.