[SOLVED] Port forwarding with wifi extenders

Mar 2, 2019
Hello, ok so my setup is like this
Isp router--nexxt router on extender mode--tp link on extender mode too-- my pc via ethernet. I tried port forwarding to my pc ip but that doesn't work so maybe the extenders are the problem? Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Solution
If the DMZ option does not work then you need to start to question if it is the pc causing the problem. The data maybe getting to the pc but the pc is not responding. There must be programs actually running on the ports you are using.
Port Forwarding doesn't care whether things on a wire or wireless, only rule is, the hosting box (destination) must be on same subnet as the LAN port of the router. So if PF occurs in Box1:

(WAN)Box1(LAN) and LAN is 192.168.1.x, then the final destination IP (must be a static) host must be within the 192.168.1.x subnet and nowhere else.

People get into trouble by having >1 subnet, >1 routers in your LAN. In this case you should reduce to 1 simple subnet, if can't, then u must FP on each NAT box.

Lastly the different PF interface implementation seem to confuse newbies.

Standard PF: SOURCE (typically WAN or ANY) PORT. forward to DESTINATION HOST, PORT, both UDP/TCP.

Mar 2, 2019
Port Forwarding doesn't care whether things on a wire or wireless, only rule is, the hosting box (destination) must be on same subnet as the LAN port of the router. So if PF occurs in Box1:

(WAN)Box1(LAN) and LAN is 192.168.1.x, then the final destination IP (must be a static) host must be within the 192.168.1.x subnet and nowhere else.

People get into trouble by having >1 subnet, >1 routers in your LAN. In this case you should reduce to 1 simple subnet, if can't, then u must FP on each NAT box.

Lastly the different PF interface implementation seem to confuse newbies.

Standard PF: SOURCE (typically WAN or ANY) PORT. forward to DESTINATION HOST, PORT, both UDP/TCP.
Ok so yeah my pc is on the same subnet. But i still don't get any ports open. This is how im doing it.
Use interface is ppp0.1
Server ip adress is my pc's
And external and internal ports are the ones specified by the game im forwarding. Thanks for replying

First be sure the external IP it shows in your router matches the ip on whatsmyip or on the tools that scan for open ports. If you do not have a public IP you can not make port forwarding work.

The extender should not have any impact on port forwarding.

Try to use the DMZ option that will eliminate misconfiguration of port forwarding.

Mar 2, 2019
My wan
First be sure the external IP it shows in your router matches the ip on whatsmyip or on the tools that scan for open ports. If you do not have a public IP you can not make port forwarding work.

The extender should not have any impact on port forwarding.

Try to use the DMZ option that will eliminate misconfiguration of port forwarding.
My wan ip does match the one shown at whatsmyip or any website. but still dmz doesnt work, im trying changing my main router might update later or tomorrow

If the DMZ option does not work then you need to start to question if it is the pc causing the problem. The data maybe getting to the pc but the pc is not responding. There must be programs actually running on the ports you are using.

Solution
Mar 2, 2019
Thanks i will try changing stuff on the firewall maybe. I got other question what is advanced dmz? I found it on my wan service configuration.