Question Portable Battery Powered Work Monitor

dresoccer4

Honorable
Mar 26, 2018
Hey guys! Hoping for some feedback. I just landed a new fully remote position, so I'm in the market for a portable monitor I can throw in my laptop bag and take with me to the coffee shop, beach, grandma's house, etc.

I found this ASUS ZenScreen that looks awesome and checks all the marks: AmazonSmile: ASUS ZenScreen MB16AMT 15.6" Full HD Portable Monitor Touch Screen IPS Non-glare Built-in Battery and Speakers Eye Care USB Type-C Micro HDMI w/ Foldable Smart Case : Everything Else

The biggest pro is it has a built in battery that will allow for at least a few hours of work before needing to be plugged in. It's also a lot cheaper than it used to be. HOWEVER, I looked up its release date and it was released in 2019 so it's already several years old, so I'm skeptical to buy it in the off chance a newer, better battery-powered portable monitor has been released on the market.

Anyone have any insight if this is the case? Anyone have this monitor and can provide any feedback? Thanks guys!

Lutfij

Titan
If you're doing a remote job, might I ask why you'd need a portable monitor with battery backup? Will you be on the road at all times? If that's the case, why not just look into a larger display laptop and do away with extra gear having to be lugged around in your backpack. In fact, you have one less device+cables to remember when you wrap up after your task is successfully executed.

dresoccer4

Honorable
Mar 26, 2018
If you're doing a remote job, might I ask why you'd need a portable monitor with battery backup? Will you be on the road at all times? If that's the case, why not just look into a larger display laptop and do away with extra gear having to be lugged around in your backpack. In fact, you have one less device+cables to remember when you wrap up after your task is successfully executed.

Hi, thanks for your response.

So I am given a pretty decent new Dell machine but it's only a 14" screen. I'm a software developer so I need a second monitor. The battery powered portable monitor is a game changer as you now don't need to be next to an electrical outlet at all times. I can work from a restaurant booth or a plastic table on the beach. The options are limitless (almost).

So since I don't get to choose my PC a 2nd monitor is necessary. Thus back to the original question of which is the best one. Problem is I don't see too many options and the existing ones seem fairly old.

TRENDING THREADS