Portable Cloud Options for Wifi Camera ...

watrhous

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
I am looking for a solution for my friends 4k wifi camera's real time portable storage needs.

We are wondering if there is a portable hard drive we can record to via wifi from his camcorder in case the camera is stolen or damaged. I realize his iphone is an option but i was not sure if there was an actual separate solution that is self contained that a 3rd person could carry with them in case we are separated.

I was not sure if one of those personal clouds set up at his home would allow for this somehow if he connected through his phones hotspot or of there was a solution with its own connectivity.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

USAFRet

Titan

This depends on the camera, and how it can or cannot write to a drive on the fly.

I have a Fuji X-T1, that writes individual pics out to a tablet/laptop/PC. Video, however, is only written once you stop recording.

So I can be out shooting, and it silently saves the pics on the Asus Transformer in my backpack. as they are taken.

watrhous

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013

I will have to look that up online and get back to you. The camera is with my friend as is the manual (i assume). I will look online if there is a manual and see if there is a app that the camera talks with. But even if, wont I need a tablet to run an app that will direct the data to the cloud/hdd?

watrhous

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013

So then what do you use? Or would you suggest? Or is a tablet / phone pretty much the only option?

USAFRet

Titan

When I'm out and about and want to transfer off the camera, my Asus Transformer T100T.
Small latop/tablet, insane battery life.

TRENDING THREADS