Portable disk permanently connected to pc

Jul 24, 2018
As my PC does not have space to install another internal disk, I want to permanently connect my 2.5 "external USB 3.0 disk to the PC to accommodate some files that do not fit on my internal disk.
I would like to know if I can keep the external drive permanently connected without running the risk of damaging it due to the request that it may be subjected to each time the PC boots.
Or is it better to disconnect the external drive every time you turn off the computer?

Solution
himatrai, it is not recommended to keep an external drive connected 24x7. They were not designed for that plus it may slow your system down from reads and writes. Also, having a drive connected like that make it susceptible to knocks and bangs which is never a good thing.
himatrai, it is not recommended to keep an external drive connected 24x7. They were not designed for that plus it may slow your system down from reads and writes. Also, having a drive connected like that make it susceptible to knocks and bangs which is never a good thing.

Solution