Status
Not open for further replies.

superxan

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
1. What is your budget? 1200 - 1500 US$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14"-15.x"

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Need a portable gaming laptop for use in University.

5. How much battery life do you need? Should last 3-5 hours atleast.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Mostly MMORPGS like Rift, Aion, WoW and some like Crysis 2, CoD:Black Ops, L4D, Portal 2 etc.. on Med-High settings.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Photoshop (not heavy)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500GB - 1TB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Nope

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2-3 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Bluray Writer

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Preference to Asus, Dell, Sony, don't dislike any new brands but it should be available/ can be shipped to my place.

13. What country do you live in? India

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed: I'm totally clueless when it comes to Laptops, this would be my first and I would be using it in my University.Also, I'm not sure if the screen size is appropriate to be carried around ?

Solution
Don't expect to find a gaming laptop to last "atleast" 3-5hrs.
Anyway,laptops like MSI GT683R/ASUS G53SW are 2 great choices.Their battery life is around 2-4hrs

superxan

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Thanks for replying so quick, appreciate it.
ASUS G53 series is not available here, they say its end of life for that series, wtf ? :S
Gonna check up the MSI one.

superxan

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Both the above models cost a bomb over here like 2000 - 2200 US$, the Asus one is officially unavailable. Luckily I got a friend of mine coming down from US next week so I'm gonna pick up Asus G53SW-A1, thanks a lot guys :)

Cheers

bravehead

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
The M11x is even more portable but you lose the good graphics card for a slower one and would play most of those game at medium graphics, but you could still play Portal and Cod at high.

superxan

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011

Just got my G53SW-A1 within a week from US :D , got a quick question regarding the laptop's charger. The power supply brick reads:
Input: 100 - 240 V ~ 2.0A
Output: 19.5V

Also, there is a small sticker near the cable end which goes to the socket, which reads "10A, 125V"

I'm in India, will there will an issue if I plug this in directly with the help for a travel adapter, so as to make it fit into the socket ? The power here is 220V / 240V. Or do I need to purchase any additional stuff ? Sorry, a bit clueless regarding this n thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.