Question portable OS and Softwares

Nov 18, 2019
i would like to install a windows operating system on a external hard disk or ssd to connect and use anywhere i go and i will be having few softwares on it like arduino ide, putty, processing, image writer, java, android sdk unity etc so i would like to able to run it anywhere there is a system just finish my work and shutdown and take my hard drive with i even wanna install kali linux on it as a secondary operating system so how do i do this all on a external hard drive with more portability

USAFRet

Titan
are you sure there wont be any problems installing this onto an external ssd with higher speed rates and depend on it without losing data cause i will surely use it completely at every time everywhere
Oh yes there will be issues.
I just put that link there to show that it can be not, not necessarily that it should be done.

It will be significantly slower than a regular internal drive.
What machines are you planning on plugging this in to?
You saw that it requires Win 10 Enterprise or Edu, right?

"losing data" should never be a concern...this is what backups are for and why we stress them. Accidents happen all the time.

Nov 18, 2019
Oh yes there will be issues.
I just put that link there to show that it can be not, not necessarily that it should be done.

It will be significantly slower than a regular internal drive.
What machines are you planning on plugging this in to?
You saw that it requires Win 10 Enterprise or Edu, right?

"losing data" should never be a concern...this is what backups are for and why we stress them. Accidents happen all the time.

just i will be running on ssd

i will be running it on all pc that i want to use
yes i know it requires win 10 Enterprise or Education

i never make any backups so i would like to have no problem

USAFRet

Titan
just i will be running on ssd

i will be running it on all pc that i want to use
yes i know it requires win 10 Enterprise or Education

i never make any backups so i would like to have no problem
I meant what PC, not what drive type.

Never make any backups?
There are two types of people - Those who have lost data and those who will lose data.
No one can guarantee that you won't lose anything.
"oops, I dropped the drive"
"oops, I got a ransomware infection"
"oops, I accidentally deleted something"
"oops oops oops..."

Nov 18, 2019
Just for Arduino, you will have much easier life with Linux installed on external SSD.
but i still have unity also which cannot run portable and needs to be installed so i am going with windows to go as ssd are meant to for OS and Files Transfer at High speed

which Internal or External ssd should i get for this one of at least 250GB