[SOLVED] Portable speaker question

shea300

Honorable
Sep 20, 2014
Good evening , I’d like to know what an audio expert would pick. Anker or Sony? The anker is 20 w but in a smaller package and the sony is only 2x2 w but a larger package and I’m assuming with my rudimentary knowledge better acoustics? Anyways let me know which would you’d pick for outdoor audio for bbqs and camping or if you have better alternatives as your go to id be appreciative of that as well. Thank you

Last edited:
Solution
I'm partial towards the JBL Charge 3. Especially outdoors, these guys sounds bigger than than their actual size... you'd be surprised. They're more expensive, I'll give you that, but if you want something sounding clear at any volume, you can't go wrong with this.

Search for sound tests on Youtube with the model you're looking at. Watch Oluv's sound test videos with headphones on so you can get an idea how those speakers sounds. Here's one for the JBL Charge 3.
View: https://youtu.be/Gw46_PsuCq4

kanewolf

Titan
Good evening , I’d like to know what an audio expert would pick. Anker or Sony? The anker is 20 w but in a smaller package and the sony is only 2x2 w but a larger package and I’m assuming with my rudimentary knowledge better acoustics? Anyways let me know which would you’d pick for outdoor audio for bbqs and camping or if you have better alternatives as your go to id be appreciative of that as well. Thank you
After reading reviews, I choose the Ultimate Ears Boom 3. Waterproof, and good sound. Also cordless charging. Not wireless, but cordless with a base.

OrlyP

Reputable
Aug 20, 2020
I'm partial towards the JBL Charge 3. Especially outdoors, these guys sounds bigger than than their actual size... you'd be surprised. They're more expensive, I'll give you that, but if you want something sounding clear at any volume, you can't go wrong with this.

Search for sound tests on Youtube with the model you're looking at. Watch Oluv's sound test videos with headphones on so you can get an idea how those speakers sounds. Here's one for the JBL Charge 3.
View: https://youtu.be/Gw46_PsuCq4

Solution