Portable SSD Compatibility

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
Anyone know if the samsung T5 will work on blu-ray players and smart tvs? In other words, for reading media, not transferring "from" a blu-ray player or tv.

I have done it with an external HDD and it works fine, but just curious if a SSD puts any wrinkles in it to where the player or tv wouldn't read it the same way as a HDD. Also is there even an advantage to reading from the ssd in those situations or would the only advantage in those cases be when I transfer files TO it from the pc?

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
The t5 is already an external with usb connector, I believe. I recall seeing that the formatting can be one of three types, if I am not mistaken, so I guess I'd have to se if only one of the types would be understood by the BR player.

I wonder if it's really beneficial, ie if it could even read any faster on the BR player. I doubt it. At the very least it would make moving files from the pc ssd to the external ssd very fast, so would spoeed that up, even if it didn't improve reading when using on the BR player.