Portal 2 Level Editor is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

deicided

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]at least Valve DLCs are free....mostly, the important ones at least.EA charges you for everything.......why dont maps come for free like the BF2 days anymore?[/citation]

Those free maps came years later...some of us actually paid for the america pack etc etc :mad: lol

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]at least Valve DLCs are free....mostly, the important ones at least.EA charges you for everything.......why dont maps come for free like the BF2 days anymore?[/citation]

developers that are part of the conglomerate suck
developers who are indi care about the fans more than squeezing every penny they can.
back in the day most of what we get as dlc would have been a free thank you from the developers
some dlc would all be packaged together as an expansion pack.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]dicfeynman[/nom]valve, rockstar---- companies still innovating[/citation]
name the innovation rockstar has done recently, ill give it to you the refined alot of game types and single handedly made the sandbox a popular genre, but what inovation...

on a side note, gta5 is the last chance i'm giving them, their games may have great stories, but gameplay in most of them just feels horrible... granted that may just be me, but i cant get into any of their games for more than a few hours before they controls annoy me to the point of turning he game off.

dicfeynman

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
@alidan
in their there last outing l.a noire
also bullet time in multiplayer max payne 3 is something to look forward to
agreed they dont roll out yearly titles, like some other company which should not be named.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011

It's also the same for the epic-failure Sim Cities Societies, essentially the Sims on a community level. Not only it pissed off lots of SimCity 4 hardcore fans due to the false marketing, but the DLCs required lots of money. Those DLCs contained airports/seaports (should've been in the game in the first place), tourist attraction buildings, and etc.

If someone was to buy all of the DLCs, they would've spent around $300 on SCS.

[citation][nom]dicfeynman[/nom]valve, rockstar---- companies still innovating[/citation]

Rockstar?- tell me u are kidding? Just 30% game completion of any GTA and I already feel bored.
Wait , they did make a record. All dialogues contained atleast one occurrence of the word 'f**k'.
And the 'hot coffee patch' is not an innovation if u considered it.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]dicfeynman[/nom]@alidanin their there last outing l.a noirealso bullet time in multiplayer max payne 3 is something to look forward toagreed they dont roll out yearly titles, like some other company which should not be named.[/citation]
l.a noire was deved by another company, when they went to slow, rock star took over and finished it, they didn't dev it they were to be only a publisher till bondi took to long.

bullet time in multiplayer has been done before, i cant remember the game off the top of my head, but it was a game made to be AAA but flopped... glave or something like that, cant for the life of me remember, and to that repect, the way they made bullet time was the only realistic way you could do it in multiplayer without making multiplayer suck.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
To be honest though, the DLC is being created and shared by fans. As the always serious, yet hilarious, Cave Johnson describes it, the multiverse will provide lots of test chamber designs that Apeture science can then rip-off and claim as their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS