Question Portforwarded on ipv4 address yet ports stay closed

fr1ghtn1gh

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
2 months ago I port forwarded to host a minecraft server. I went to play on the server again however it would not work. I deleted my port forwarding rules and reapplied them yet it still would not work. I tested to see if my ports were open on testing sites and it said the ports were closed.

I have noticed my ipv4 address has (preferred) at the end although I do not fully understand if this has something to do with the problem.

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.11(Preferred)

This is the address I have opened ports on however it still says my ports are closed on my public IP address.

I tried to use ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew

I tried using a static IP address and had the same issue. If any one knows what the problem is please let me know

fr1ghtn1gh

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
Your Minecraft server must be assigned a static IP address that is outside of the DHCP IP address range allowed to the router.

You should also reserve the assigned static IP address for the Minecraft server using the server's MAC.

Yes thank you I added a static IP outside of the range allowed, I was assigning one within the range and was still therefore not working.