[SOLVED] Portforwarding does not seem to work

jakobnoermark

Reputable
Oct 6, 2018
I've tried setting up a minecraft server for me and my friends as I usually do, but I've gotten a new ISP since last time and had to setup portforwarding again on the new router.
I've done this multiple times but I can't get it to work this time.
The router name is Sagemcom f@st 3890 v3
I've added a rule for both UDP and TCP on ports 25565 in the network settings
I've allowed the port through my firewall aswell
After starting the server, my friends get a timed out connection, but I can connect fine through localhost of course.
The weird thing is that I can't connect to the server through the public IP I get if I google whats my IP, but in my wifi settings I can see a different public IP address which I can connect through.
So it seems that I have 2 different public ips?
and as I said I've done this before on previous networks where it worked no problem.

Solution
I've tried setting up a minecraft server for me and my friends as I usually do, but I've gotten a new ISP since last time and had to setup portforwarding again on the new router.
After starting the server, my friends get a timed out connection, but I can connect fine through localhost of course.
The weird thing is that I can't connect to the server through the public IP I get if I google whats my IP, but in my wifi settings I can see a different public IP address which I can connect through.
So it...

kanewolf

Titan
So it seems that I have 2 different public ips?
and as I said I've done this before on previous networks where it worked no problem.
If the address you see when you check your public IP and the address shown in the WAN display of your router (I couldn't find a screen shot example), then you can't port forward because you don't have a public IP address.
Typical values for the WAN address if you DON'T have a public IP address are 192.168.x.y or 10.x.y.z or 100. 64.x.y

Solution

jakobnoermark

Reputable
Oct 6, 2018
If the address you see when you check your public IP and the address shown in the WAN display of your router (I couldn't find a screen shot example), then you can't port forward because you don't have a public IP address.
Typical values for the WAN address if you DON'T have a public IP address are 192.168.x.y or 10.x.y.z or 100. 64.x.y
hmm okay thanks, is there any way to get a public IP address or do I call my provider?