[SOLVED] Portforwarding Issues for my minecraft server

MckOii

Prominent
Jun 6, 2019
I tried portforwarding with my router HG8245H for a MC SERVER and my friends cannot seem to connect with this settings can anyone help me?
Type: User - Defined
Application: Select
Enable Port Forwarding: Check
Mapping Name: MC SERVER
WAN NAME: (It is our router)
Internal Host: My IPV4 ADDRESS
External Source Ip Address: Blank

Protocol: TCP/UDP
External Port Number: 25565-25565
Internal Port Number: 25565-25565
External Source Port Number: Blank

Solution
You have to have the server actually functioning on that port for the port scan tools to be able to detect it. If the server is not actually active the tool will tell you the port is closed.

Lots of people asking this lately and many times it is because they do not have a public IP address. Check the IP that is shown on the wan information screen. Compare that IP with the one you see from a web site like whatsmyip. If these IP are different then you do no have a public IP and port forwarding will never work. You would need to contact your ISP to see if they offer public IP.
You have to have the server actually functioning on that port for the port scan tools to be able to detect it. If the server is not actually active the tool will tell you the port is closed.

Lots of people asking this lately and many times it is because they do not have a public IP address. Check the IP that is shown on the wan information screen. Compare that IP with the one you see from a web site like whatsmyip. If these IP are different then you do no have a public IP and port forwarding will never work. You would need to contact your ISP to see if they offer public IP.

Solution

MckOii

Prominent
Jun 6, 2019
I have checked in our WAN INFORMATION and it says the ff

(Our Internet Name) Connected 10..*.*** 10/0 AlwaysOn​

while in my public ip is 152...*** so does that mean i have to request a public ip?

Yes 10.x.x.x are private ip. You are currently sharing a public IP with other users at your ISP. You need a public IP assigned to your router just for you to use.

Some ISP provide these just for asking. Other charge a extra monthly fee and some do no offer it all because their system is not designed to support it.