[SOLVED] PortForwarding Issues on Huawei HG630 V2

Apr 25, 2020
I own a Huawei HG630 V2 Router and would like to port-forward. Porwarding on my old router was a simple process but im having trouble with my new one.

Port-forwarding is called port-mapping im wondering if it the same this?

When port-mapping its asking me to to input external and internal port with both having a hyphen inbetween. I can only input 4 numbers.

PS4 port i want to forward: TCP 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480 and UDP 3478, 3479

Here's a image link to the ports:
View: https://imgur.com/a/ZozREVk

Solution
Packet loss has nothing to do with port forwarding. When it is a port forwarding issue it does not work at all.

It depends on if it is really "VoIP". Many people call any type of voice comm over the internet Voip. Actual voip needs a very special feature in the router to function. This is why almost all gamer are using stuff like discord or other similar voice comm programs. These do not require any special setup to function.
This is one of those things I strongly suspect is a lot of misinformation being duplicated.

You only need to port forward when you machine is acting as a server. I seriously doubt a game console is acting as a web server. Maybe they do something stupid like that but it is not likely

What I suspect is those are a list of ports required for a OUTGOING connection. Those ports must be open for your console to connect to remote servers. For example to get to the main playstation web site. Pretty much all ports are allowed outgoing in your common home router so you do not have to do anything.

Port forwarding is only used for INCOMING ports. This is also only used when you playstation is acting as the server. This is for peer to peer games not games that have large central server.

So first what doesn't actually work. Unless you are hosting sessions it should work fine.

There should be a function called UPnP on your router that will prevent the need to forward ports and all game consoles attempt to use this.

Apr 25, 2020
This is one of those things I strongly suspect is a lot of misinformation being duplicated.

You only need to port forward when you machine is acting as a server. I seriously doubt a game console is acting as a web server. Maybe they do something stupid like that but it is not likely

What I suspect is those are a list of ports required for a OUTGOING connection. Those ports must be open for your console to connect to remote servers. For example to get to the main playstation web site. Pretty much all ports are allowed outgoing in your common home router so you do not have to do anything.

Port forwarding is only used for INCOMING ports. This is also only used when you playstation is acting as the server. This is for peer to peer games not games that have large central server.

So first what doesn't actually work. Unless you are hosting sessions it should work fine.

There should be a function called UPnP on your router that will prevent the need to forward ports and all game consoles attempt to use this.

The issue i'm having is the when online gaming im have a huge amount of packet loss. This there away to fix this?

Another issue is my connection is 'NAT TYPE 3' so Voip doesnt work that well.

I try too look into UPnP and see if i can fix this...

Packet loss has nothing to do with port forwarding. When it is a port forwarding issue it does not work at all.

It depends on if it is really "VoIP". Many people call any type of voice comm over the internet Voip. Actual voip needs a very special feature in the router to function. This is why almost all gamer are using stuff like discord or other similar voice comm programs. These do not require any special setup to function.

Solution