Question Portforwarding/networking issues

Feb 11, 2019
So I've been trying to portforward for a few days now and seem to be running into nothing but problems. As far as I know I am doing everything correctly

1: I have port forwarded the required ports through my router
2: I have allowed exceptions for the required ports through my firewall and also have tried turning my firewall off
3. I have tried using DMZ instead
4 I have set up a static IP
However with this I have noticed something kind of peculiar. There seems to be a disconnect between the IP address depending on if I look at it on my computer or on my router. on my computer it shows my static IP address as 192.168.2.109 but if I go to my routers advanced networking settings and find my computer ID it shows the IP address as 192.168.137.1 instead and if I go to "My devices" it doesn't even show up there at all. I'm fairly certain that this has something to do with it but I couldn't tell you what.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019
also, I don't know if it matters, but I have range extenders provided by my ISP, which i'm plugged into one these directly. I don't know if this could be an issue it all, however it didn't seem to fix my problem when I unplugged and just ran off of WiFi

It all depends who happens to be bored and reading the forums. Nobody is getting paid to be here. They also made a major change to this site so it likely taking people a bit to get used to it.

I would make things as simple as possible. You want to plug diectly into your main router with a ethernet cable. You should only have 1 ip address associated with your PC. If you have multiple routers in your house then you in a way could have more but that will cause massive issue with getting port forwarding to work.

You also need to verify that the ip address you have on the wan interface is a routable public ip. You should compare the ip you see in the wan to a site like whatsmyip. If you do not have a public ip you will never get port forwarding to work because the ISP has another router doing NAT someplace in their network and you can not set the port foward rules in their router.