Question Portforwarding Problem for Minecraft Server

Superfrancis123

Commendable
Oct 20, 2019
I've been trying everything I've found online about this, and I still haven't found an explanation for my issue.

See, when I start up my server, I can connect to it with my IPv4 adress, but when giving my friend my public IP so he can connect, he just times out. I went back to the drawing board, and after the first time when I got the port forwarding right, I go back to check my IPv4 address again, and somehow it went from 192.168.1.119 to the final digits of that being 128. Now, I'm having the same problem I had before I got it working.

Basically, when I put in the final three digits of my IPv4 IP, check enable, with the External and Internal ports as 25565, I click apply and a message comes up saying:

192.168.1.1 says

The 25565 External Port is conflict!

So now I'm sitting here, wondering what that's exactly supposed to mean.

I've tried plenty of things, inbound/outbound rules, giving my PC a static IP (I'm still not sure what to do with that, I just heard that I'd need one set up), and messing with other things in Windows Firewall to let Java do things. I've still gotten this message.

I'm getting confused as to what I'm even trying to do here now, so any help getting all this straight would be great.

Hanleyjaa

Reputable
Dec 28, 2018
I've been trying everything I've found online about this, and I still haven't found an explanation for my issue.

See, when I start up my server, I can connect to it with my IPv4 adress, but when giving my friend my public IP so he can connect, he just times out. I went back to the drawing board, and after the first time when I got the port forwarding right, I go back to check my IPv4 address again, and somehow it went from 192.168.1.119 to the final digits of that being 128. Now, I'm having the same problem I had before I got it working.

Basically, when I put in the final three digits of my IPv4 IP, check enable, with the External and Internal ports as 25565, I click apply and a message comes up saying:

192.168.1.1 says

The 25565 External Port is conflict!

So now I'm sitting here, wondering what that's exactly supposed to mean.

I've tried plenty of things, inbound/outbound rules, giving my PC a static IP (I'm still not sure what to do with that, I just heard that I'd need one set up), and messing with other things in Windows Firewall to let Java do things. I've still gotten this message.

I'm getting confused as to what I'm even trying to do here now, so any help getting all this straight would be great.
Does your minecraft server spit out a error? Please provide a log of the server after your friend tries to connect