News Portkeys Releases Affordable 5.5” HDMI Monitor

When the article said "affordable" I was expecting something in the $50-$100 range, not $170. That seems a bit much for a 5.5" display. It's pretty much a cell-phone screen, without the cell phone, in a plastic housing that's twice as thick.

Maybe its a decent quality screen, but it's hard to tell, since the product page lacks many important specifications, like the panel type, color space, bit depth or refresh rate. It might be good as a somewhat larger display for photography or something, but it seems like one would want to check detailed reviews first due to the lack of information available.

If someone just wants a display for a portable computing project or something, there are far less expensive options available.

When the article said "affordable" I was expecting something in the $50-$100 range, not $170. That seems a bit much for a 5.5" display. It's pretty much a cell-phone screen, without the cell phone, in a plastic housing that's twice as thick.

Maybe its a decent quality screen, but it's hard to tell, since the product page lacks many important specifications, like the panel type, color space, bit depth or refresh rate. It might be good as a somewhat larger display for photography or something, but it seems like one would want to check detailed reviews first due to the lack of information available.

If someone just wants a display for a portable computing project or something, there are far less expensive options available.

This is targeting photography due to the LUT color profiles and the 500nit brightness(outdoor usable). Sure you can find 7" displays for <$100, but they're usually half the brightness and just plain displays with no color profiles, and maybe not even audio meters. This can also "accept" 4k signal input as well, a must for today's videographers. Many cheaper displays will only accept up to 1080p input.

g-unit1111

Titan
This is targeting photography due to the LUT color profiles and the 500nit brightness(outdoor usable). Sure you can find 7" displays for <$100, but they're usually half the brightness and just plain displays with no color profiles, and maybe not even audio meters. This can also "accept" 4k signal input as well, a must for today's videographers. Many cheaper displays will only accept up to 1080p input.

Also I think the battery could add to the weight and cost of the unit. I think this thing could be really interesting when used in Raspberry Pi applications.