Ports and IP's

Deformation

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014
What i am looking to do, is block all outbound communication to a few specific 5 or so ports. Which is easily done using Windows Firewall.

Is it possible to block the X ports, BUT allow certain IP address's using that port?

Ive tried digging around and trying to find some sort of information on it but im coming up empty.

What im trying to do in detail is this:
GTA V has released some content that can only be played in the "Open World" environment. Which is dramatically destroyed by bots and hackers flying around in cars with heat seeking fully automatic missile launchers. It gets old pretty quickly. The way ive dealt with this is by blocking a few ports that GTAV uses, This allows me to join public servers, but will disconnect me from the other players essentially giving me my own lobby. The issue here is that i'd still like to play with my friends also. So i am trying to find a way to get them through my Port block ive set up on windows firewall.

Please dont view this as 'wanting a cheat'. I am just trying to enjoy the product i purchased at my own leisure without bothering other players.

Deformation

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014

Right, The two options given are " Applys to ONLY these IP's " or "Applys to ALL IP's" It doesnt give me the option to Exclude specific IP's. UNless im missing it somewhere. With the ability to exclude certain IPs from the blocking, I would essentially have to block every IP individually of every player.

Deformation

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014

Unsure how an IP range would help me. Mind giving me an example as to how i can apply this to my situation?

BuddhaSkoota

Admirable

Since all players connect to a public server, your system will only see the IP address of that server. There's no way to control which IP addresses and ports of other players are filtered to your system.

Doesn't the PC version allow you to create an invite-only session?

Deformation

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014

It does allow Invite-Only sessions. but the DLC content that was added forces you into public lobbies to even use it. ( which they never informed anyone of before allowing them spend weeks of gathered money on).

TRENDING THREADS