[SOLVED] Ports Closed for my computer

Jul 29, 2020
So, i was looking to portfoward for a server.
I went through and did portfoward, realised it wasnt working. Turned off all firewalls, system and software. Nothing
I enabled DMZ for my computer, doesn't work. Now, I reset my whole drive to default, nada. I'm stumped. What else could be blocking my ports on my computer? It cant be the router, Because of DMZ. Also, I have used telnet on another device connected to the network, and even that says my ports are closed

Last edited:
Solution
I went through and did portfoward, realised it wasnt working. Turned off all firewalls, system and software. Nothing
I enabled DMZ for my computer, doesn't work. Now, I reset my whole drive to default, nada. I'm stumped. What else could be blocking my ports on my computer? It cant be the router, Because of DMZ. Also, I have used telnet on another device connected to the network, and even that says my ports are closed
First thing you need to do is check the IP address shown by port checker against the WAN IP address shown by your router. If your WAN address and your public IP address don't match, you won't be able to port forward. If you are using cellular internet you won't be...

kanewolf

Titan
First thing you need to do is check the IP address shown by port checker against the WAN IP address shown by your router. If your WAN address and your public IP address don't match, you won't be able to port forward. If you are using cellular internet you won't be able to port forward.

There are lots of things beyond YOUR router that will prevent port forwarding.

Solution
Jul 29, 2020
I went and checked that, and yes, they both match up, I do have a public IP address. Also, I believe it may have something to do with drivers, or the registry, or something like that, but I want to be completely sure. Its like I have a internal firewall on my computer that can't be shut down

Jul 29, 2020
I went and checked that, and yes, they both match up, I do have a public IP address. Also, I believe it may have something to do with drivers, or the registry, or something like that, but I want to be completely sure. Its like I have a internal firewall on my computer that can't be shut down
For anyone having the problems describe up here, and have done everything i have, set up your server on the hardware end before checking your ports, i swear it WILL work. also, might wanna check before factory resetting your disk. Port is not going to open if there is not a place to send it

kanewolf

Titan
For anyone having the problems describe up here, and have done everything i have, set up your server on the hardware end before checking your ports, i swear it WILL work. also, might wanna check before factory resetting your disk. Port is not going to open if there is not a place to send it
The port is open, but there is nobody to respond to the port checker if the software is not up. So a false negative is returned by the port checker.