Ports forward but closed when tested.

Nexus Radical

Reputable
Jan 29, 2015
Hey guys,

So I have a problem with my router. I have an active forwarded port rule. but it just won't work.

I've tried restarting the router but it doesn't work

Here is what it looks like. There is only options for eth... So ethernet only? Does this mean i can't get it to work over wifi?
62f14c516f3077a561956eb2cc3107b2.png

testing with "www.yougetsignal.com":
460bfec577fed3ba1bd86b4d41f36fdd.png

Unsure what the hell is up...

Here is some software info:
d185fdf3ddab3b3a3b1952397b8af12e.png

Solution
Oh, so all fiber, so wont be CGNAT. Their own support pages refer to port forwarding so they must allow it.
Was the router supplied by the ISP ? If so, ask them for assistance would probably be best.
Otherwise, check for updated firmware, also check for any remote management ports that might be opened somewhere in the settings, they might be causing conflict.
I had a Huawei HG659 years ago that would refuse ports etc, or at least look like were enabled. Was firmware issue.

Nexus Radical

Reputable
Jan 29, 2015

New ISP. Haven't used them for much longer than a month. So haven't tried before. My ISP is hyperoptic.

eXPedient Demise

Honorable
Jul 16, 2018
www.xpd.co.nz
Oh, so all fiber, so wont be CGNAT. Their own support pages refer to port forwarding so they must allow it.
Was the router supplied by the ISP ? If so, ask them for assistance would probably be best.
Otherwise, check for updated firmware, also check for any remote management ports that might be opened somewhere in the settings, they might be causing conflict.
I had a Huawei HG659 years ago that would refuse ports etc, or at least look like were enabled. Was firmware issue.

Solution

Nexus Radical

Reputable
Jan 29, 2015
Ill give that a go. Can't seem to find anywhere to actually check for a firmware update. But yeah. The router was provided by them. The actual software on its has been all Hyperoptic branded up. We'll have to give em a cool. Will update later thanks!

Nexus Radical

Reputable
Jan 29, 2015
So I called my ISP. It would appear that I don't have a public IP. Everything is routed through a server to a private IP we have. Interesting. Usually, we'd have to pay for a public static address but we've been given it for free to test out the port forwarding. Will update once its active to see if it's fixed the issue.

Nexus Radical

Reputable
Jan 29, 2015
Well, I'm kind of confused. Either the static IP worked which it didn't for my stanard port forwarding rules already listed. That was untill i configured my port forwarding like this to include both types of ipv6 connection types..... Confused since im pretty sure mincraft doesnt even support ipv6 which was the whole point for now of this. Oh well.

Cheers!