[SOLVED] Ports won't open even though i port forwarded..

omgururani2004

Reputable
Nov 2, 2017
So I wanted to open ports for league of legends. So I configured a DHCP thingy and assigned 192.168.0.105 to my particular device which i entered into the internal ip field. I selected ALL(tcp and udp) and i entered same port in external and internal port.
Then i clicked save but its still not working. I tried turning windows and router's firewall and i also rebooted the router but the ports wont open...I have NAT forwarding in my router btw

View: https://imgur.com/a/8UCHEmf

View: https://imgur.com/a/3ZHlMnZ

View: https://imgur.com/a/4MSDbBd

Last edited:
Solution
You need to stop reading garbage dumb gamers google and then cut and paste from other sites not actually understanding the words they paste. Actually understanding what port forwarding is doing rather than just running tools and looking for status words is important.

For a port to be open a program on the end machine must actually be active and respond to the port checker. This really only applies when you are hosting a server. The common one people do is something like a minecradt server. Large online games say world of warcraft use central servers owned by the game company and need no ports forwarded.

So unless you are running some game that does not use central servers you do not need port forwarding.

It all does not...

omgururani2004

Reputable
Nov 2, 2017
Have you verified that the WAN IP listed in the router status is the same as the public IP shown in the port checker tool?
Do you have the server running? Have you verified access via the LAN ?
My router IP address in my settings and my wan IP are different. What do you mean server running? im just trying to port forward cause i heard it decreases ping.
I dont know what verifying access by LAN means.

kanewolf

Titan
My router IP address in my settings and my wan IP are different. What do you mean server running? im just trying to port forward cause i heard it decreases ping.
I dont know what verifying access by LAN means.
Unless you game has specific REQUIREMENTS for port forwards, I don't believe it will change anything.
Port forward is generally used to allow access through your router for a game server you are hosting.

omgururani2004

Reputable
Nov 2, 2017
Oh okay. If my wan ip are different in the router settings and in the port checker tool am i still eligible for port forwarding? Like why aren't my ports opening?
How do i make the ip same?

You need to stop reading garbage dumb gamers google and then cut and paste from other sites not actually understanding the words they paste. Actually understanding what port forwarding is doing rather than just running tools and looking for status words is important.

For a port to be open a program on the end machine must actually be active and respond to the port checker. This really only applies when you are hosting a server. The common one people do is something like a minecradt server. Large online games say world of warcraft use central servers owned by the game company and need no ports forwarded.

So unless you are running some game that does not use central servers you do not need port forwarding.

It all does not matter anyway if you do not have a public IP. IE your wan ip is the same as port checking sites..
The only way you can get a public ip is if your ISP gives you one. Your only option is to contact your ISP and see what they can do for you. Some will give you one just for requesting it. Others charge a extra monthly fee and there are some that their system is not designed to allow you to have public ip.

Solution

omgururani2004

Reputable
Nov 2, 2017
Thanks

It all does not matter anyway if you do not have a public IP. IE your wan ip is the same as port checking sites..
The only way you can get a public ip is if your ISP gives you one. Your only option is to contact your ISP and see what they can do for you. Some will give you one just for requesting it. Others charge a extra monthly fee and there are some that their system is not designed to allow you to have public ip.

Thanks for the answer and sorry for the late reply. My wan ip and ip on port checking sites is the same. So what you are saying is that is the reason i cannot seem to port forward. Should i call up my isp and ask for a public ip? What exactly do i say to them on the call?

You are basing everything you are attempting to do on misinformation. LoL uses central servers it does not need any port forwarding.
The port forwarding rules do nothing because YOU are not running the server on your machine. So there is no game program listening on those ports to respond to the scanner. So the ports will always be marked as closed.

The only time you need to forward ports is if the server was in your house. There are no private hosted servers for LoL so there is never a need to forward ports.