Question Position of my fans in front, are they ok ?

TomasKorbel

Honorable
Oct 28, 2017
Hello just wanted to ask if i should Reposition my noctua fans in front of the case.

Heres image, dont know if i should put them little bit up or is that ok ? I have 2x 120 and 1x 140 in the middle, Can also switch to 3x 120 but i think 1x 140 is better ?
Thanks a lot guys, i know its kinda dumb question, but i just have to ask :)

Solution
I would orient the front fans to be a little higher up in there, to allow for as much air to go to the top 2/3rd's of the case. As of now, the lowest fan is blowing air towards the PSU and the drive bay area, which isn't necessary.

What case are you working with? I know it's a Fractal case, but which model?

Lutfij

Titan
I would orient the front fans to be a little higher up in there, to allow for as much air to go to the top 2/3rd's of the case. As of now, the lowest fan is blowing air towards the PSU and the drive bay area, which isn't necessary.

Last edited:
Solution

TomasKorbel

Honorable
Oct 28, 2017
I would orient the front fans to be a little higher up in there, to allow for as much air to go to the top 2/3rd;s of the case. As of now, the lowest fan is blowing air towards the PSU and the drive bay area, which isn't necessary.

Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL Black TG Light Tint​

Lutfij

Titan
Yeah, I'd have the fans mounted higher up on that front rails. In fact I'd have the rear fan set to a 140mm and to exhaust. The front can be 3x120mm's.

Are you sure my post was the answer to your question? I think you've awarded my post as the Best Solution prematurely.

Hello just wanted to ask if i should Reposition my noctua fans in front of the case.

Heres image, dont know if i should put them little bit up or is that ok ? I have 2x 120 and 1x 140 in the middle, Can also switch to 3x 120 but i think 1x 140 is better ?
Thanks a lot guys, i know its kinda dumb question, but i just have to ask :)
Francly, I would relocate radiator to front as intake and front fans to top as exhaust as that helps cooling CPU but has little effect on cooling the rest. My reason is that since you choose a 360 AIO it's obviously needed to cool a hot CPU.