Question Positive pressure in an NZXT H500

iXorizon

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2016
Is making the NZXT H500 case positive pressure a good fit? It's normally meant to be for negative pressure but I don't want to be cleaning the filters every week as i'm lazy. I'm thinking of getting two Arctic F14 Silent 140mm fans for the front, and making the pre-installed top and rear fans as intake. Will this be a good idea?

Alliasjay

Honorable
May 28, 2014
I have 2 industrial noctua fans at the front on my H500... the temps are not all that much different but at least I know the air will be coming in more from the front air vent rather than every gap in the case.

I'm not all that happy with the case though so I'm kinda going to get rid and get another. Not enough fan placement/size options for me.

The prime mediocre

Distinguished
With a negative pressure setup, you pull air into unfiltered openings in the case. So you'll get more dust inside your PC. By comparison, Positive pressure is convenient; by positioning your intake fans behind filters, you have to clean the interior much less frequently. For positive pressure airflow, you'll want to remove one of the stock exhaust fans and add two 120mm or 140mm intake fans at the front of the case (or just move one of the rear fans to the front and add another).

What CPU/GPU are you using? Are you using an AIO liquid cooler?

Hope this helps.