[SOLVED] Possble Upgrades

Jan 29, 2020
So I currently have a 1050ti. Recently built a new computer with Ryzen7 2700x in it. Also have an Asus Vg245h monitor and a Asus VS238. My question, is my current GPU good enough to handle jumping up to a better monitor in the 1440p or even 4k and still keep 2 monitors or 'm I in need of an upgrade in GPU first?

Solution
As for actually resolution it does not change. But if I change the resolution scale to to max which is 4k it drops fps in half. But as for the actual resolution the highest is 1080p
Sorry, I didn't explain it better. With DSR it'll process the games at a higher resolution then scale them back to your native res of 1080P. Doing so can make some games look significantly better such as anime style games however can also give you an idea of how your hardware performs on a higher resolution without having to buy a new monitor. So if your games will run well around 1440P/4K then I would get the monitor(s) however if they were unplayable then new GPU time.

WildCard999

Titan
Thank you for posting. The games im playing are more current and that seems to only help older games that do not support higher than 1080p
Well you could try DSR with the newer games and see how well (or not) the GPU does with the higher resolution. Even if the games look a bit odd disregard it as your only trying to see how many FPS your getting at a higher resolution and different settings.

Jan 29, 2020
Well you could try DSR with the newer games and see how well (or not) the GPU does with the higher resolution. Even if the games look a bit odd disregard it as your only trying to see how many FPS your getting at a higher resolution and different settings.

I turned on DSR via the control panel. As for FPS it does not seem to effect it. Im getting 75fps in game with it on or off.

WildCard999

Titan
I turned on DSR via the control panel. As for FPS it does not seem to effect it. Im getting 75fps in game with it on or off.
Well you have to activate DSR (check 2x, 4x, etc) in the Nvidia Control Panel then go into the game settings and set the higher resolution. I'd turn on Windowed mode as to avoid the game screen going past your monitor (it shouldn't but can happen with some games).

Jan 29, 2020
Well you have to activate DSR (check 2x, 4x, etc) in the Nvidia Control Panel then go into the game settings and set the higher resolution. I'd turn on Windowed mode as to avoid the game screen going past your monitor (it shouldn't but can happen with some games).

The game on shows 1080 as the highest choice. Also has an option for Resolution Scale which i can get up to the other choices

WildCard999

Titan
The game on shows 1080 as the highest choice. Also has an option for Resolution Scale which i can get up to the other choices
Hmm odd, maybe try a different game?

4x DSR should give you an option in game for a resolution close to 4K. When set correctly the FPS should take quite a dip due to the higher resolution unless your system is horribly overpowered for whatever game your playing.

Jan 29, 2020
Hmm odd, maybe try a different game?

4x DSR should give you an option in game for a resolution close to 4K. When set correctly the FPS should take quite a dip due to the higher resolution unless your system is horribly overpowered for whatever game your playing.

As for actually resolution it does not change. But if I change the resolution scale to to max which is 4k it drops fps in half. But as for the actual resolution the highest is 1080p

WildCard999

Titan
Sorry, I didn't explain it better. With DSR it'll process the games at a higher resolution then scale them back to your native res of 1080P. Doing so can make some games look significantly better such as anime style games however can also give you an idea of how your hardware performs on a higher resolution without having to buy a new monitor. So if your games will run well around 1440P/4K then I would get the monitor(s) however if they were unplayable then new GPU time.

Solution
Jan 29, 2020

Ah ok. So if when I changed all that and I dropped to 30 fps I more than likely will have to do my gpu to get into the better resolutions.