Possibilities of setting up network?

I have recently purchased a Compaq laptop running Windows XP with internal
wireless and have set up access with my older desktop running Windows 98SE
through a Netgear router. However, during that setup I don't remember doing
anything about setting up a network between the two computers. Well, I know
I didn't if it wasn't part of the instructions to set up the router. I was
too stressed after that to worry about a network. Now I think I would like
to set up a network, how do I do this? The main reason is I have business
accounts set up in Access 97 on my desktop computer. Would it be possible,
after setting up the network, to copy the Access program from my desktop to
my laptop for use away from home? Thanks in advance for your help with
this.

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi

Since you are posting it in the Wireless Newsgroup I guess you would like to
establish a Wireless Network. (The principles would apply to Wire as well).

The content of the following links will provide you with a short tutorial
about Wireless; it is short and to the point.
Basic Options for Internet Connection Sharing.

Hubs, routers, switches, DSL, LANs, WANs...? -

Wireless Basic - http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?i=122
The page above was written by me ages ago. You might ignore the prices and
Brand recommendations. The principles however are still the same.

Network Installation: http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html

Internet -Basic protection: http://www.ezlan.net/firewall.html

Internet Infestation: http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html

Wireless hardware: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html