[SOLVED] Possibility of water damage from a single drop of water ?

Feb 22, 2023
Basically, I'm super paranoid about stuff and I want to clear things up.

I was drinking water on my desk and I set it down, but after setting it down, A drop of water came flying out and I'm pretty sure it was near the pc.

My actual question is: do small amounts of water immediately cause damage and how do I know if my pc is damaged ?

Thanks.

Here are the intake holes of the PC case:

IMG_4858.jpg

I am fully aware that if my PC is functioning, its fine. But its out of curiosity and a bit of paranoia :)

Solution
If your system is yet running, might want to leave it at that. Considering you've stated what your state of mind is, I'd try and keep the system above the desk so nothing falls into it or that you keep things away from, so as to avoid a mental breakdown. I'm not kidding about the last sentence since mental health can and will deteriorate for individuals who overthink things.

does small amounts of water immediately damage and how do I know if my pc is damaged
Humidity/moisture can and will damage your components but that's if introduced in small amounts over a long period of time. If you end up spilling any liquid atop the system, the first thing you do is turn the wall outlet off, instantly. As for damage, once powered...

Lutfij

Titan
If your system is yet running, might want to leave it at that. Considering you've stated what your state of mind is, I'd try and keep the system above the desk so nothing falls into it or that you keep things away from, so as to avoid a mental breakdown. I'm not kidding about the last sentence since mental health can and will deteriorate for individuals who overthink things.

does small amounts of water immediately damage and how do I know if my pc is damaged
Humidity/moisture can and will damage your components but that's if introduced in small amounts over a long period of time. If you end up spilling any liquid atop the system, the first thing you do is turn the wall outlet off, instantly. As for damage, once powered down you tear down the build and then you inspect the parts inch by inch for any signs of shorts or dried up stain marks.

Solution
Basically, I'm super paranoid about stuff and I want to clear things up.

I was drinking water on my desk and I set it down, but after setting it down, A drop of water came flying out and I'm pretty sure it was near the pc.

My actual question is: do small amounts of water immediately cause damage and how do I know if my pc is damaged ?

Thanks.

Here are the intake holes of the PC case:

IMG_4858.jpg

I am fully aware that if my PC is functioning, its fine. But its out of curiosity and a bit of paranoia :)
Near counts only for hand grenade, a drop of water near anything doesn't count for anything.

Reactions: Lutfij
For water to cause any issues it would need to create a short somewhere while power is running. You could even bathe lots of things in water when turned off. As long as the water doesn't touch any cables or circuits and any water that does is cleaned off before you turn it on you'll be fine.

Feb 22, 2023

Humidity/moisture can and will damage your components but that's if introduced in small amounts over a long period of time. If you end up spilling any liquid atop the system, the first thing you do is turn the wall outlet off, instantly. As for damage, once powered down you tear down the build and then you inspect the parts inch by inch for any signs of shorts or dried up stain marks.
Thank you 🙏

TRENDING THREADS