[SOLVED] Possible Bad CPU?

Nov 1, 2018
So, recently replaced motherboard, cpu, ram and SSD (listed below)
MB: MSI B350 Tomahawk
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
RAM: DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 16GB
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO

Did a fresh Windows install because I was having major game crashing before, but now I've noticed that when my computer restarts because of a crash, the red light illuminates on the EZ Debug on the CPU, then the light moves down to the VGA. I looked up what the lights mean, but I've already re-seated my CPU and also made sure no pins were bent and also re-seated my video card, but I'm still having issues.

Edit: I honestly may think it's just a bad motherboard, because I never had problems with my video card with my other motherboard which was an Asus M5A97 R2.0.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Well my guess is something i read about that might be related is the worrisome concern regarding the vrm mosfets used on atx boards. Itx boards are known to use higher grade mosfets designed for tighter enclosures where there's more heat. Im not sure how deep this goes if it's even remotely correct.

Could also just be memory issues Ryzen had early on that may still linger. Best update bios if able.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Thats totally not true, the MOSFETS used are exactly the same. Whoever wrote that made it up.

In my experience MSI while one of the most popular manufacturers, also has a pretty high failure rate. Again, this is just anecdotal personal experience, especially here on the forums.