Possible bad MOBO/PSU?

Insufficient Chips

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Hello, so the question remains that I've been curious of for some time.

I recently bought new parts, however didn't upgrade my PSU nor HDD cause didn't feel the need to. All worked fine for about 2 weeks or so, then I move my PC into a desk, where I was more comfortable.

Ever since I moved it there, my PC tends to turn off. For example, I could be browsing the web for minutes, or hours and it'll turn off. It mainly happens during games. Before I moved it into this desk, I played League of Legends on Maximum Settings at 60+FPS at all times.. Now, if I run League of Legends past Medium, it will shut off.

I'm not talking about "Shutting Down" type shut off, it literally just powers down, no sign of errors or such. I recently went into the Event Viewer (Administrative Tools) and happened to find quite a few errors however, bad part is, I don't know what they could mean cause I'm not that knowledgeable into Computer Errors. (Codes, and such.)

CPU: AMD FX-8150 3.60ghz.
GPU: AMD R7870 Core Edition, 2gb DDR5.
MOBO:Gigabyte 970A-D3P Ultra Durable.
PSU: Solid Gear 750w.
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue Low Profile 8GB 1866mhz

first off if the desk has the pc inclosed and there no airflow your over heating your rig. also check to see that the rig not dust bound or anything in the fans or any parts that moved during the move of the pc. put the pc out of the desk check it temps if there fine then you have an airflow issue.

Insufficient Chips

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

I thought that was the problem as well, but it appears not. I took it out of my desk, put it on top. I opened up the side panel and left it closed for both tests.

I tested it with the most CPU and GPU sucking game I had, which was Battlefield 4 (before the shut-downs.) - in which, my CPU so far even today (I monitor it at all times) and during then, when playing BF4 on maximum graphics, my CPU temperature only hit up to 50 'C at maximum, GPU was around 40's ish.

Right now on this forum, my CPU is at 26' C, GPU is at 35'. Mobo is at 22'

I have never heard of solid gear psu so hard to tell is that a good psu or not. I think not.
So it can be crap. If you move system back on floor do it work fine? Floor is cooler air so it can be warm issue. Maybe psu gets too warm? If psu do have warranty send it back and take money out and buy desent quality psu.
This seems like small wattage but it is enough for your build and quality is absolutely best. Lond warranty five years and good ripple and noise levels. See review here or 550w same psu.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Rosewill-CAPSTONE-550M-Power-Supply-Review/1584/11
And if you have old HDD that can make issue as well.
Other thing too look is drivers. and look are cables connected properly.

Insufficient Chips

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

The HDD worked for months on my old rig, and still working on my new Rig today. I'd presume it's my PSU, but I just want to be completely sure before wasting money and finding out it isn't. I have yet to take it off my desk, because it still shuts down as it did about 40-ish minutes ago. Just out of curiosity I took off my side panel about a week ago, and put a fan next to it cooling off the computer twice as much. I played a few games, and didn't have any different results. So I would assume Over-heating is eliminated.