possible blown gasket?

OnemillionJews

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
I have a 1996 saturn sw1, when I was driving in town when Id shift into first gear it would kinda stall on me that's when I noticed it starting to over heat in my way home it almost got to the red when I pulled in my drive way. when I opened the hood I had what looks like peanut butter rolling out the sides of my reservoir cap. what do yall think?

Bulletin No.: 99-P-01
Date: January 04, 2005
SPECIAL POLICY Subject:
Replacement of Cracked Cylinder Heads Models:
1994-1996 Saturn S-Series Vehicles with Single Overhead Cam (SOHC) Engines (1994: RPO LKO, 1995-1996: RPO L24) Attention: All Saturn Retailers and Authorized Service Providers in the United States and Canada
Condition
Certain Saturn vehicles equipped with 1.9L SOHC engines may develop a crack internal to the cylinder head. Early evidence of this would be abnormal discoloration within the coolant reservoir, and/or the engine may run hot.
Special Policy Adjustment
This Special Policy provides cylinder head coverage for a period of six years from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, or 100,000 miles (160,000 km), whichever occurs first. The policy covers both the original owner, and any subsequent owners for the six-year/100,000 mile (160,000km) duration. The qualifying repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.
Vehicles Involved
All 1994-1996 Saturn S-Series vehicles equipped with 1.9L SOHC engines.
Parts Information
Parts required to perform a cylinder head replacement are to be obtained from Technical Information Bulletin 96-T-65B.
Service Procedure
When replacement of the cylinder head is required, refer to the service procedure as outlined in Technical Information Bulletin 96-T-65B.
Customer Notification
Customers will be notified of this special policy on their vehicles by Saturn Corporation via first class mail.
Customer Reimbursement
Customers with claims for previously paid repairs to replace the cylinder head for the subject condition are requested to contact their Saturn Retailer or the Saturn Customer Assistance Center to arrange for reimbursement. Repairs must have been performed within six years of the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, or 100,000 miles (160,000 km), whichever occurs first. If the repair was performed at a non-Saturn facility, customers will need to provide the original paid receipt or invoice verifying the repair, and proof of ownership of the vehicle at the time of repair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TRENDING THREADS