[SOLVED] Possible bottleneck (Need suggestions/Help)

Apr 2, 2020
Hi, I'm trying to figure out if I have a bottleneck in my system but I can't seem to find what it is cause i'm currently trying to play the new COD: Warzone.

UserBenchmarks:
Game 37%, Desk 62%, Work 37%
CPU
: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G - 66.3%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 960 - 33.9%
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB - 101.9%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 C16 2x8GB - 90%
MBD: MSI A320M PRO-M2 V2 (MS-7B84)
PSU: 400 Watt
OP: Windows 10

Solution
No probs. Glad to offer some help :)

So that PSU isn't the best at all, and I would definately suggest, regardless of if you change your CPU/GPU that you get a decent PSU.

Any Gold Unit from EVGA G2/G3, Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, Corsair TXM/RMx/RMi are all good choices. With a better CPU/GPU down the line, you might look at getting a 500-550w PSU to allow some headroom, and potentially OC some components. These PSU will have a 7-10 year warranty and are made with quality parts.

On a budget, you could go with a Corsair CX550m, the newer versions. They are pretty decent. But for longevity, Gold rated units are very reasonably priced, so I'd always go that way with a PSU. It's the heart of your system. And is as important as any other...
Hey there,

Well, COD Warzone can be pretty demanding, depending on what settings and resolution you play on.

Your CPU is an average gaming CPU with 4c/4t and can max out easily with modern games, and the GTX960 is prob only good for medium settings, to pull out 60fps at 1080p.

You've plenty of ram and a fast SSD. In terms of gaming, i'd look at your CPU/GPU combo. But, I'd also be factoring in a better mobo too.

Also, what PSU do you have. 400w although sufficient for your current build, is on the light side, and if it's not a great brand, i'd be looking to change it before any CPU/GPU upgrade.

Apr 2, 2020
Hey there,

Well, COD Warzone can be pretty demanding, depending on what settings and resolution you play on.

Your CPU is an average gaming CPU with 4c/4t and can max out easily with modern games, and the GTX960 is prob only good for medium settings, to pull out 60fps at 1080p.

You've plenty of ram and a fast SSD. In terms of gaming, i'd look at your CPU/GPU combo. But, I'd also be factoring in a better mobo too.

Also, what PSU do you have. 400w although sufficient for your current build, is on the light side, and if it's not a great brand, i'd be looking to change it before any CPU/GPU upgrade.
Hey,

So my current PSU is a Gigabyte GP-PW400 White Power Supply, 400w.
What would you suggest for a possible upgrade and how much roughly CAD it might cost.

Also, thanks for the feedback :)

So that PSU isn't the best at all, and I would definately suggest, regardless of if you change your CPU/GPU that you get a decent PSU.

Any Gold Unit from EVGA G2/G3, Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, Corsair TXM/RMx/RMi are all good choices. With a better CPU/GPU down the line, you might look at getting a 500-550w PSU to allow some headroom, and potentially OC some components. These PSU will have a 7-10 year warranty and are made with quality parts.

On a budget, you could go with a Corsair CX550m, the newer versions. They are pretty decent. But for longevity, Gold rated units are very reasonably priced, so I'd always go that way with a PSU. It's the heart of your system. And is as important as any other piece of hardware.

Solution
Apr 2, 2020

On a budget, you could go with a Corsair CX550m, the newer versions. They are pretty decent. But for longevity, Gold rated units are very reasonably priced, so I'd always go that way with a PSU. It's the heart of your system. And is as important as any other piece of hardware.
So I did end up upgrading my PSU and GPU, which made all my games run so much better but i still have the same problem with some of the game i try to play.

I've been playing Call of duty: Warzone recently but it keeps crashing after a few minutes into the game with no error message right to the desktop.
Then odd thing was that I also tried to play Call of Duty: World At War but that crash right on main menu with no error message and right to the desktop.
I have nothing overclocked and all of my parts are fairly new.
Here's the pastebin for Speccy
(Side note my graphics card is being weird on Speccy by saying its only a 2gb when its a 6gb everywhere else)
https://pastebin.com/pd1thsuw
PSU:
ThermaltakeSmart BX1 80+ Bronze Power Supply, 550W

Every other game so far runs amazing with this CPU and GPU combo.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/26445331

So I did end up upgrading my PSU and GPU, which made all my games run so much better but i still have the same problem with some of the game i try to play.

I've been playing Call of duty: Warzone recently but it keeps crashing after a few minutes into the game with no error message right to the desktop.
Then odd thing was that I also tried to play Call of Duty: World At War but that crash right on main menu with no error message and right to the desktop.
I have nothing overclocked and all of my parts are fairly new.
Here's the pastebin for Speccy
(Side note my graphics card is being weird on Speccy by saying its only a 2gb when its a 6gb everywhere else)
https://pastebin.com/pd1thsuw
PSU:
ThermaltakeSmart BX1 80+ Bronze Power Supply, 550W

Every other game so far runs amazing with this CPU and GPU combo.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/26445331

Hey there,

I'd have to agree with the other post on COD Warzone. I've a similar set up to you, little bit different, and i found it crashed all the time. So much so, that I've stopped playing it. It seems to me it's a bit buggy, as there are lots who suffer the exact same random shutdown to desktop.

The only fix I found was to download the game again from scratch, which is pain in the butt, because Warzone even as a standalone, is 85gbs! With most of the world working from home, and online, download speeds are horrendous. If you have high speed broadband without any caps, that 's not an issue though.