[SOLVED] Possible bottleneck or faulty gpu ?

amalts01

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2012
Hi, This is my system spec :

i3-2120 3.30ghz
4gb Ram
Gtx 1650 super
Corsair CX550
Gigabyte H61M-DS2 Motherboard.
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Hi, while I was running a benchmark on CSGO my monitor turned off and said no signal input. This repeated again and again came back on and then turned off. After few seconds it came back and the screen was showing black spots and lines like the monitor died or my gpu did. I looked at the graphs using task manager and my cpu was throttling to a 100%. Would that have been the issue my monitor was disconnecting ? Is this a bottleneck issue or my gpu is faulty ?

Solution
I'm not that into monitors, but it seems more likely that the GPU is causing the problems, although the upper right shadow on your last picture seems more like a faulty monitor.

Try this and see what the result is:
  • Connect the monitor to a different computer.
  • Turn the computer off. Then disconnect the HDMI cable at both ends, then re-connect again and boot the computer.
  • Try using another HDMI cable.

amalts01

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2012
4GB of memory is all you have? Just windows 10 can eat up most of that!

I probably would reinstall the latest driver for the video card. Download new driver, delete / uninstall old driver install new driver.
This is a fresh install of Windows 10 so would that be an issue. I am planning to upgrade to a 8gb would that be fine ?

Last edited:

amalts01

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2012
Last edited:
I'm not that into monitors, but it seems more likely that the GPU is causing the problems, although the upper right shadow on your last picture seems more like a faulty monitor.

Try this and see what the result is:
  • Connect the monitor to a different computer.
  • Turn the computer off. Then disconnect the HDMI cable at both ends, then re-connect again and boot the computer.
  • Try using another HDMI cable.

Solution