[SOLVED] Possible bottleneck

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
For quite a time i keep experience in-game freezes, my CPU is most of the time at 100%. Got an I5 4690k. Even when i alt tab, it works slow, thing i didn't experienced this like half a year ago. Is it possible that my CPU is causing all of this? Or maybe my CPU lifespan is near the end?

Solution
Then something must be the main problem of what's causing game freezes, or low performance when i alt tab and try to search something on google. Thing that didn't happened few months ago. Maybe an upgrade of like everything except gpu? Get an i7 or i9, new motherboard, ddr4 rams and ofc re-install windows (needed for motherboard)?
I don’t have any good ideas at this point. If my system I’d reinstall Windows as a way of trying to rule out a software issue.

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
Wow, never seen 100% background usage while running the benchmark. Did you have all other programs closed? Ideally your background usage should be <10% a few mins after booting. If you had nothing else running the look in task manager to see what is hogging all the cpu resources.
That was while i was in-game.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/56345028 This without anything opened.

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
Wow, never seen 100% background usage while running the benchmark. Did you have all other programs closed? Ideally your background usage should be <10% a few mins after booting. If you had nothing else running the look in task manager to see what is hogging all the cpu resources.
Got any idea what would be the problem?

Got any idea what would be the problem?
In that last link it says there is background cpu usage of 20%, so 20% of the cpu is being used before you do anything. You should try and get that down to under 10% when the pc has just been switched on and finished loading after 5-10mins. It might seem a bit drastic but you could consider doing a fresh install of Windows if you haven’t done that in some time, and then keep the numbers of programs installed to a minimum. It is surprising just how much cpu performance programs use for peripherals, rgb lighting and other tasks we often install and set to run when Windows boots.

Apart from the high background usage I don’t see any other problems in that benchmark result.

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
In that last link it says there is background cpu usage of 20%, so 20% of the cpu is being used before you do anything. You should try and get that down to under 10% when the pc has just been switched on and finished loading after 5-10mins. It might seem a bit drastic but you could consider doing a fresh install of Windows if you haven’t done that in some time, and then keep the numbers of programs installed to a minimum. It is surprising just how much cpu performance programs use for peripherals, rgb lighting and other tasks we often install and set to run when Windows boots.

Apart from the high background usage I don’t see any other problems in that benchmark result.
How about the RAM? 57% above average? Isn't this a bit low? As for Windows, i had a fresh install in april. Still, maybe because i have alot of games installed on my HDD and SSD i might encounter this problems?

How about the RAM? 57% above average? Isn't this a bit low? As for Windows, i had a fresh install in april. Still, maybe because i have alot of games installed on my HDD and SSD i might encounter this problems?
The RAM performance is saying it’s above average and looking at the graph your result is in the portion for most results, normal distribution.

Your SSD’s and HDD seem to be performing normally. These wouldn’t normally cause additional cpu usage, just change loading times. Although I have seen a failing drive push up cpu usage but from those results I don’t see anything to suggest a drive is failing.

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
The RAM performance is saying it’s above average and looking at the graph your result is in the portion for most results, normal distribution.

Your SSD’s and HDD seem to be performing normally. These wouldn’t normally cause additional cpu usage, just change loading times. Although I have seen a failing drive push up cpu usage but from those results I don’t see anything to suggest a drive is failing.
Then something must be the main problem of what's causing game freezes, or low performance when i alt tab and try to search something on google. Thing that didn't happened few months ago. Maybe an upgrade of like everything except gpu? Get an i7 or i9, new motherboard, ddr4 rams and ofc re-install windows (needed for motherboard)?

I don’t have any good ideas at this point. If my system I’d reinstall Windows as a way of trying to rule out a software issue.

Solution