Question Possible broken card

Omgitsjojo

Reputable
Jun 7, 2017
Hello I just bought a pc and the 2080 ti i think is broken. When I boot it up for the FIRST time the screen is black with purple marks all over it. I saw the windows setup screen but all the letters were blurry and pixilated. I plugged in my old 1080 card and the screen looks completely normal. Is my card broke? Can I fix it?

I don't think I'm gonna return it. Is there really nothing I can do? I'm willing to try and fix it.

Are you an electronic technician?

Do you have the propper equipment to make surface soldering (among others)? (Thats if you find the right part to replace of course)

Do you have the knowledge to diagnose the issue (my guess is no because you are asking here in the forum)?

I am pc technician with decent electronic knowledge, and really I would just return the card and not try anything.

USAFRet

Titan
The card is covered under warranty so could they fix it?
"they" = "not you".
Unlikely someone would "fix" the GPU, but rather just replace it.

And the warranty action depends on exactly what was specified, with this system that was known broken when you bought it.

Amazon has a pretty good 30 day return policy. And that would be the whole system, not pieces of it.
Why are you not taking advantage of that?

Omgitsjojo

Reputable
Jun 7, 2017
Because I got the pc at a very discounted price and they can't replace it because this PC was the only one they have. And why not fix the card under warranty for free?

TRENDING THREADS