Question Possible broken motherboard? ASUS z390-F gaming

h0emcs

Reputable
Mar 20, 2016
Hi,

yesterday I was very unfortunate.

One week a go I ordered my new PC in parts. I've built a couple of PC's before but I'm not a pro. I have basic + knowledge about the subject.
Couple of days a go I built the PC and everything was okay. I installed windows and some games, but the PC felt like it was stuttering a lot.

Yesterday I was reinstalling windows when I noticed the RAM was placed in slots A1 and A2 [] [] [x] [x]. Got me thinking about dual memory. So I opened the PC and swapped the ram so it was in B2 and A2 [] [x] [] [x]. When I was doing this, I pressed the RAM pretty hard - like pretty hard. One of the caps that keeps the sticks together fell off..

After this happend I have not been able to see BIOS or windows. The screen is completely black.

The PC boots as normal, no beeps, all lights turns on and PC sounds like normal. The light besides "MEMOK" is white, and its turned on.

Does anyone have an idea of what it can be - how can I determine if I broke my motherboard by pressing down the RAM modules to hard? I've tried one ram stick in every slot without success..

Appreciate all the help I can get.

CPU:
Intel Core i5-9600K

RAM:
HyperX Fury RGB DDR4 2666MHz 16GB (2x 8GB)

Motherboard:
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F GAMING, S-1151

CPU Cooler:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edt

PSU:
Corsair TX650M, 650W PSU

M.2 SSD:
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD

Graphics card:
Palit GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GamingPro

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS