[SOLVED] Possible cable catastrophe/pindamonium?😯

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
I am sure others have asked this question, but not sure if the same PSU and cables were part of it. I have a Seasonic SSR 750 RM G Series PSU that seller did not provide cables for. I have never worked with a modular or in this case a semi-modular PSU before so I need to confirm. I ordered 2 sets of actual Seasonic cables. Set one is part number 5WGD24806DAW, and the second set is 5WPD1661SAFW. I did contact Seasonic prior to purchasing to confirm that these are compatible and was told they were with my specific PSU. I am reaching out for a second opinion though as the more I start looking the more nervous I am to flip the switch. Any advice/help is appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
Sometimes, a user will set aside the modular cables not needed for the build.
Later, when the part is sold, the cables are nowhere to be found.
Since you have actual compatible part numbers, directly from Seasonic, I would not be worried at all.

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
It was basically free with some other items I purchased and I did not notice it was semi-modular so did not even think to ask re: extra cables needed. The PSU itself looks hardly even used. I did go to Seasonic first to buy, but the cables were not purchased directly from Seasonic as I was told by them they do not sell their cables directly. They were purchased by a reputable seller though, and they are new in sealed bags in the Seasonic pouch.

Last edited:
Sometimes, a user will set aside the modular cables not needed for the build.
Later, when the part is sold, the cables are nowhere to be found.
Since you have actual compatible part numbers, directly from Seasonic, I would not be worried at all.

Solution
It was basically free with some other items I purchased and I did not notice it was semi-modular so did not even think to ask re: extra cables needed. The PSU itself looks hardly even used. I did go to Seasonic first to buy, but the cables were not purchased directly from Seasonic as I was told by them they do not sell their cables directly. They were purchased by a reputable seller though, and they are new in sealed bags in the Seasonic pouch.

Oh.. It's semi-modular?

Easy. Jumper the power on to a ground on the fixed 24-pin (see: http://jongerow.com/PSU_test/index.html)

Then take a multi-meter and make sure the voltages on the cables' ends are all in the right place.