Possible causes to freeze while gaming, Graphics card dying?PSU dying?

blackcesar

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015
Hi everyone,

my computer freezes after playing, tipically Fallout4, with a glitchy sound continuous and requires hard reset.
Before starting to blame various components I installed months ago other 8 gb of RAM, different brand, so I did memtest for roughly 8 hour and no problem, also fumark 1080p test no problem, prime blend test no problem.
So I read here that the graphics drivers might be problem, so I unistall them and install them again and I was able to play for 2 hours with no problems than it happened again and ,after 10 minutes of gaming, again.
Happened also, just once, with GTA5 and COD that's why I thought it could be a systematic problematic.
I also have general problems with my SO (windows 8) automatic restart almost never works (freezing while restarting), opening browsers may cause random freezing (possibly flash player?), this things happened also before, while the gaming part is new.
So my idea now is to unistall Fallout 4 and reinstall, maybe it corrupted some files, install windows 10 since they told me you have to install new drivers again, and check if it happens again.
Just wanna ask if this are the signs of a possible dying component of my rig, GC is 4 month old, the rest roughly 1 year.

Rig:
Proc: amd fx 8320
CPU cooler: hyper evo 212
Mobo: asus m5a97 evo r2.0
RAM: team group and corsair (sorry for the bad specs I will update as soon as I'm at home in any case checked serveral times if they are compatible with my mobo and they are...both CL9 and 1600 mhz)
graphics: MSI 970
PSU: Corsair CX600 80Plus Bronze 600W
HDD: 1 TB
SSD: 125 GB

SO is installed in the SSD, games are usually in the HDD, checked both with HD tune, again no problems. Temp are really low because case is open.
NO OC IN ANY COMPONENT

Thanks a lot for all the future advices

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Just to be clear... you said you use Windows 8. Why?? How come you never upgraded to Windows 8.1, since it was a free upgrade? Will you upgrade to Windows 10?

When you uninstalled the driver... did you restart your computer before installing it again? Is the driver the one that came with the card or did you download the most recent version online?

blackcesar

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015

Yeah sorry, I thought it was obvious. I have windows 8.1 and I will upgrade like I wrote to 10.
Also I restarted when unistalling and installing the graphics drivers using the most recent I could find online (i guess 359.00)

blackcesar

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015

Ok! So I can try by solving the software conflict first and if it's not the case it will be the PSU.
Many thank, in any case the graphics card cannot be and also the other hardware components.
Some ideas regarding the software conflicts?

TRENDING THREADS