[SOLVED] Possible CPU bottleneck?

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018
Hi
I can’t tell if my cpu or gpu is bottle necking but my parts are running slow. I already defraged my drive so in terms of speed that’s out of the question which leads me to think that this is a CPU problem. I have a brand new cpu which hasn’t been cooperating with my old gpu unfortunately. The old gpu worked perfectly with all my old specs which were AM3+ CPU was a Phenom II X4 970 BE and the old mobo was an Asus M5A78l-m/usb3 and Corsair vengeance ram (all I remember is that the ram was blue). The only thing that fixes the problem is when I use razer cortex to reduce ram uasage and that works for games. I didn’t have to do that before with my old parts (use cortex). I still shouldn’t have to do that with my new parts. If cortex is turned off games like division and fortnite black screen or freeze and take 5 mins to get back to whatever was going on. If I could get an answer ASAP that would be heavily appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Current specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x
GPU: GeForce GTX 770 Pascal/Founders (2gb... don’t ask me for this again or I won’t respond)
RAM: 2x4 8gb 3000mhz
Mobo: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
If you need other specs reply to me with specs and I’ll include full list.

Solution
so there was a ram issue causing the slow response from the computer I got 2 more 8gb sticks and no more bottlenecking also did clean reinstall of windows for fear of the previous drivers interfering with current drivers.
"when I use razer cortex to reduce ram uasage"
Is that the one where it shuts down background apps? If so then that's your answer, one of your background apps causes some problem for your set up.
You can try and close only one of them each time to figure out which one is causing the problem.

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018

Sorry for belated reply. Yeah it is. The only thing is that the computer is still slow when it’s not gaming and when you try to click on a different tab it takes at least a good 30 seconds to load. So speeding up everyhting would be nice. Also Ryzen 7 should be computing with no problem which is leading me to thinking that the problem is a cpu bottleneck and now a possible app running in the background that’s causing a lot of computing issues.

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018
so there was a ram issue causing the slow response from the computer I got 2 more 8gb sticks and no more bottlenecking also did clean reinstall of windows for fear of the previous drivers interfering with current drivers.

Solution