Possible CPU issue? Playing League of Legends on one screen, watching youtube on the other...very choppy video/ frame loss?

FearLegendary

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2012
Before I get into the specifics at hand, I just wanted to say that I have a MSI GTX 980ti graphics card, Intel 5820k CPU, Asus x99 Deluxe edition Mobo, all temperatures are low and cool and the issue started happening a week ago...had the pc for a year and a half (oh and also no overclocking has been done).

Alright now onto specifics.So last week while playing league I noticed that on my other monitor my youtube video started to look choppy (10 seconds it would be fine, then would chop up for 2-3 seconds, then go back to fine for 10 seconds, cycle would continue for the duration of playing/watching). Initially I thought it was because my drivers on my graphics card were 3 months outdated, so I updated my drivers. Still the same exact issue. (and note at the same time this was happening, every 2-3 minutes or so my game would freeze for just a split second, then go back to normal.)

So I thought that was very odd, I decided to boot up OBS and see if I could livestream/record like I usually do on 1080p/60fps. If I wasn't playing a game it was perfectly fine, however no matter what game I played all of a sudden it would give me a CPU high encoding error, and the stream/recording would look unbelieveablely choppy (8-20 fps).Now note I streamed on these settings for over a year and a half now with absolutely no issues but now a week ago I get this error every single time I try to use OBS. If I turn down the settings to 1080p/30fps and below its ok, however I bought this CPU/GPU combo because its supposed to easily stream at 1080p/60fps but now it has immense issues doing so.

So is it possible it is a CPU issue? I thought it was possible that it was possibly my GPU giving me some problems but now using OBS putting some workload onto my chip it starts having alot of problems, and if I play GPU intensive games my PC doesn't seem to have much issue at all.