Possible CPU Issue?

theogsarah

Reputable
Aug 8, 2015
I have an Intel i7-4790k (8M cache, up to 4.40 GHz) and my graphics card is EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SSC.
I obviously use my PC build based off that to stream and game and since upgrading my builds CPU (the intel) and Motherboard (MSI Z97 Gaming 7) in June, I have been running games like CS:GO at almost 300fps and World of Warcraft (on ultra even) at 90+ fps.
I have not been good at turning off my PC and often just put it to sleep when I go to bed at night and have gone before a couple of weeks or so without fully turning it off. The other day though I did for a second because I wanted to clean off one of the fans on my case and since I've turned my PC on again after doing that my games have been running at a MUCH lower fps to the point where if I even try to stream the games my stream drops frames.

This isn't a bad build I have so I'm confused as to what is going on. I have Open Hardware Monitor and all the temperatures seen fine. So I'm just not sure if it's a CPU issue or maybe a GPU issue going on here.
HELP!!!!!!

theogsarah

Reputable
Aug 8, 2015

I've never done anything involving using programs like that before so no. I could run one of them now if that would even be useful?

There are so many possibilities. I benchmark all my systems when I build them so that I can probe problems. So you have checked your CPU core temperatures and your GPU temperatures? Is it possible some software or driver is not longer loading? Are the fans you cleaned working. Is everything plugged in correctly?