[SOLVED] Possible damage to parts?

Feb 27, 2020
Alright so, I upgraded from Intel to Ryzen a few weeks ago. I threw away or just couldn't find my brackets for my h100i pro, so I had to wait on brackets from corsair, meanwhile, I was using the stock cooler and it was fine. I then got my h100i put it in. I didn't really notice the problem at first because I only played rocket league for a couple of days after with no problems. I booted up Modern Warfare and 5 mins in every single match my pc would shut down. I was so confused because the temps weren't bad. My 3700x would be ~60c and my GPU would be ~80 and then would just crash. Did a lot of troubleshooting because I didn't think it was hardware, as the temps weren't extreme. Finally, I opened up the case and saw my case hub cord that plugs into CPU_FAN wasn't plugged in :). It's good now, but I must've crashed my pc like 15-20 times trying to figure things out. Is there possible damage?

Solution
No not really, the worst thing that may have happened would be a file getting corrupted.

I will say if you simply swapped your HDD/SSD from your old system into your new system, you probably will have issues eventually (you could be lucky and not but ive never seen anyone that hasnt) since even though Microsoft says you can, and in a way it has gotten better, when you swap to a new motherboard (especially from Intel to Ryzen) you need to reinstall Windows.
No not really, the worst thing that may have happened would be a file getting corrupted.

I will say if you simply swapped your HDD/SSD from your old system into your new system, you probably will have issues eventually (you could be lucky and not but ive never seen anyone that hasnt) since even though Microsoft says you can, and in a way it has gotten better, when you swap to a new motherboard (especially from Intel to Ryzen) you need to reinstall Windows.

Solution
Feb 27, 2020

I did. I'll eventually do a clean install when I get a new SSD.