Sep 13, 2009
Specs:

I5 4670K
HD 7870 2gb oc
8gb corsair veangence ddr3
500gb hdd,
Asus h81m+ Motherboard
Xfx 550 PSU

I've had a couple of crashes over the past few weeks while playing games. The screen would suddenly turn green with white vertical lines with a halt in audio maybe half a second later. The first couple of times it happened it wouldn't boot after, the fans on all components were spinning and the motherboard beeped but nothing on the monitor. I had to power off at the mains and wait a few minutes for it to fix. Which it did. I checked temperatures and CPU had highs under load of 70ish. I don't recall GPU but idle it was around 40c.

However today the same happened but I'm still stuck with no output. When I power on the PC all fans are spinning and the motherboard beeped but no signal. Powering on the unit does change my monitor from saying theirs no signal to a blank screen with a flashing led on the monitor. I tried resetting the CMOS to no avail.

Would really appreciate your thoughts as I don't have the means to purchase a GPU if that isn't the problem and have no spare parts :(.

Thanks in advance!

Gez

gezorama

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
I've just plugged it into the onboard after removing the GPU and it worked. I guess I need to look for a new one. I'm limited by my case size as my 7870hd was a bit of a squeeze. Any mid range recommendations that would be compatible with my current build? Thanks.

Gez

gezorama

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
Case i believe to be this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/CiT-Vantage-Gaming-Audio-Reader/dp/B0071KZNUY

Not the best I know. I bought the entire rig second hand.

I do play games, just worried about bottlenecking my CPU and RAM with something a little OTT.

Also use a 27 inch monitor.

Have been comtemplating the 1060 3GB? Anything around this price range I think should be adequate?

Thanks again guys for helping me through this stressful time. Had to happen on my day off too!