Possible dead hard drive

patstormchaser123

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Hello everyone,

Last week a friend of mine gave me a old Netbook, I could tell right away the hard drive was not working on it. So I replaced it with a WD Scorpio Blue which came out of a old MacBook. So I formatted that drive, and using a USB installation of Windows 7, it was working very well the computer brand is a Toshiba NB505. I used the computer for school work and for just listening to music around the house. But the other day while attempting to install Linux Ubuntu on a different partition I created on the drive it ran into an issue. The computer was working great until I reset it and the computer after posting said that that there was no operating system detected. So this happening at school when I need the information that is already saved on it and typed. So I made a repair USB drive, and let me tell you trying to fix a computer without an optical drive is not fun at all. I made no progress, so I took the hard drive out and put it in my working windows 7 computer and used disk managment to view the drives, it could not read it because it could not be italized due to a I/O error, so I am drawing to conculsion that this computer is bad luck for hard drives, and it killed this one as well, I think the drive is dead, do you guys agree with me, and if not how can I go upon fixing it? Thanks- Patrick