Possible dead power supply?

hlaube

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
About a month ago my computer took a crap. Wouldn't turn on or anything. This was a two year old build. As of today I have replace my mobo, cpu, cpu cooling, and case. When I try to turn on my computer the CPU led flashes for a fraction of a second and then nothing happens. At the bottom of my mobo the green led is lit. Is it possible that my power supply is dead and that light is still powered?

My Motherboad is a Asus Sabertooth 990fx, I have an amd fx-8350, and well to be honest no clue what my power supply is. I know for sure that it is rated for 80 bronze plus, which I also know is not very good.

hlaube

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

I just tried to change my 8 pin connecter with another, that did not work. Are there any tests I can run to check my power supply? I truly think it may be the problem but don't want to dive into another investment.

While not a definitive proof, jumping green and a black wire in 24pin connectors and checking voltages according to this; https://allpinouts.org/pinouts/connectors/power_supply/atx-motherboard-power-24-pin-compaq-hp/ would be a start. Next step would be to have each place you measure voltage be under some load, like a light bulb from a car headlight, something like that.

hlaube

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017