MOBA: ASUS TUF Z590-plus
GPU: MSI Ventus RTX 3080 Ti
PSU: Seasonic FOCUS GX-850w gold 80+
ram: Corsair vengeance then pro 32gb DDR4
Case: Corsair iCue 4000x
HDD: WD blue 1tb
M.2 Samsung 970 500gb
SSD Samsung 860 evo 250gb

Preface: Just bought a pre built rig from new egg (only way to get a 3080 TI) and when it arrived beside adding my old SSD and m.2 from last rig nothing was touched.

But upon setting up and turning on I have ran into a few problems that I’ve been trying to trouble shoot and was hoping someone had a good fix

First upon startup with both monitors plugged into GPU I was getting no activity in my monitor and no power to peripherals.

next was after changing one of the displays to motherboard I was getting a black screen with no bios or any activity.

Thinking it was a bad GPU I unplugged it from the PSU and left in case. From here the computer posted and made it about 3 minutes into use before my monitor went black with no activity.

upon restart it is only able to access bios, during startup after it once again fades to black.

other weird issues I’ve noticed during this trial and error was that when the computer fades to black it takes a long amount of time to turn off where as before it would be instant.

Note: I’ve already tried swapping GPU’s to a 1080, trying one stick of ram, trying other working sticks of ram, re seating everything besides CPU, unplugging all hard drives beside boot and peripherals, unplugging from wall and holding power button for 10 seconds, different monitor, removing cmos battery for 15 mins.

currently I’m convinced it is either a mother board or PSU issue and ordered a new PSU of the exact kind to see if DOA issue before swapping all the cables for my old Corsair 750 then finally if still not fixed swapping mother boards. If anyone can think of something I haven’t checked yet let me know as it would help a lot

BIOS voltage
CPU core voltage: +1.003v
12V Voltage: +12.000V
5V: +4.960V
3.3V: +3.296V
DRAM voltage: +1.200V
CPU VCCIO Voltage: +1.040V

Solution
Uh oh, did you use re-use modular cables from your Corsair with this new PSU? Those aren't universal on the PSU side. And if you're planning to try, do not do this, or you risk destroying anything that happens to have a different pinout on the PSU side.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Uh oh, did you use re-use modular cables from your Corsair with this new PSU? Those aren't universal on the PSU side. And if you're planning to try, do not do this, or you risk destroying anything that happens to have a different pinout on the PSU side.

Solution

ilexious

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2013
Luckily the Corsair cables don’t event fit in Seasonic PSU so shouldn’t be that. Just rebuilt old rig with the 3080 in it and runs only the monitor that is plugged into moba weirdly and gives me the white VGA error light .

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Luckily the Corsair cables don’t event fit in Seasonic PSU so shouldn’t be that. Just rebuilt old rig with the 3080 in it and runs only the monitor that is plugged into moba weirdly and gives me the white VGA error light .

Thank goodness! Some models have similar connectors. Super happy to hear that wasn't an issue.

Did it work when you put in the 1080? Your post was a bit unclear what happened when you swapped in the GPU.

ilexious

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2013
Thank goodness! Some models have similar connectors. Super happy to hear that wasn't an issue.

Did it work when you put in the 1080? Your post was a bit unclear what happened when you swapped in the GPU.
Aftet swapping in the 1080 I was get in same initial issue were no power was going to the peripherals (rgb keyboard) and when no GPU was installed was still stuck at bios.

although I am worried cause after plugging in the 3080 ti into my old rig I’m still getting the white VGA light. Really hoping I don’t also have a toasted 3080