Question Possible driver problem with Sapphire RX 580 ?

Feb 9, 2022
So, it started like, a week ago. didn't do anything that could possibly have changed the status quo, not that I can think of at least.

to summarize
  1. turn off perfectly fine computer
  2. turn it back on
  3. MOBO splash screen appears, shortly followed by the little rotating balls
  4. monitor goes dark, yet all other things seem to be working (peripherals lights, fans spinning sounds, HD spinning sound)
  5. hold the restart button
  6. boot as usual, just stays a little longer at the rotating balls part
  7. realize I have no video drivers running, radeon software warns me something about drivers not starting properly and asks me to send report
  8. go to device manager, manually startthe drivers, nothing happens
  9. turn driver back off/on again, screen blinks for a second and everything is back to normal
Note: step 8 and 9 can be skipped and just restarting once more, it will come back normally

since this first happened I've updated the video drivers, followed by running DDU and reinstalling them, followed by updating again to the experimental version. none of them did anything. it also seems to happen quite at random, with me being able to get it working normally a few times without running into this problem.

Specs:
GPU: AMD sapphire RX580 4gb (driver version 22.2.1)
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X
PSU: EVGA 600W
RAM: 2x8GB
MOBO: MSI B450M PRO M2

I think this is everything.

Feb 9, 2022
see if turning this makes any difference = https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

have you tried GPU in another PC to see if it does same there?
so, I did turn this off, but turned it off by hibernating to test aomething else, which I think still uses this anyway, but it did give me the same issue plus giving me a message that the radeon software was incompatible to the driver, solved this message by reinstalling yet again.
have no spare pc avaiable at the moment, but I gotta test it

TRENDING THREADS