Feb 1, 2020
Vertical green line on screen
This problem just randomly happened a few days ago.
Monitor - Acer S276HL IPS (MFD 04/2014)
PC: i7 3770k, 16gb ram, eVGA GTX 1070 SCX edition

So as if I wasn't worried enough already, I was studying for my exam watching YT videos by Prof Messer. Incidentally I went downstairs and came back into my room to find two joint green vertical lines on the screen greeting me as I came back. To my horror it wasn't a loose HDMI cable (or the cable itself).

What I have tried (HDMI + VGA)
2 different devices (laptop, FireTV stick).
Both devices with their own HDMI cables.
Tried VGA input on monitor - same problem
This has narrowed down the issue to the monitor itself.

This is my bro's monitor (I was only using it for a period of two weeks) and now it sucks that just as I was using it, it decided to fail.

Is there anything that can be done to fix it at all or is the panel gone? It'd be really awesome if it could be fixed somehow or I'll owe him a new one :(

See pictures below:
VP0f7X.jpg

zgvJkf.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
if it displays it on several devices, then lcd panel is at fault, culd be just weak internal connection (which is easily fixable)
anyway no picture in your post
Feb 1, 2020
that should be just loose internal connection
see this video if it helps
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jthlw4Ynmgo

if u want to make permanent fix, u will need to open it and put something between led panel and monitor bezel to put pressure on that bad area
here some random video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNf81Z-i1FE
That will not be a permanent fix. It will get worse and worse. I got trough that with a laptop screen and it was the same. Some lines, sometimes the screen going full white or grey and then normal and then BSODs. I would recommend seeing if the video card is going bad or if it's the monitor not being connected fully or if the monitor is causing the problem. If it's from the monitor I would recommend replacing the monitor because it can cause BSODs that can damage other hardware in your pc or your video card. Try your rig with a different monitor and see if the issue is gone. If you still get lines on a different monitor,then your gpu is going bad. If you don't get lines or something from another monitor,then your monitor it's going bad.
Hope I helped.

Feb 1, 2020
Not much you can do. May have to just get a new monitor, sorry about that. There are some that sell for under $50. Hundreds of working monitors are recycled all the time, find a green recycling center near you and you can probably get one for $0. It's a shame they don't get re-used.

Feb 1, 2020
Not much you can do. May have to just get a new monitor, sorry about that. There are some that sell for under $50. Hundreds of working monitors are recycled all the time, find a green recycling center near you and you can probably get one for $0. It's a shame they don't get re-used.
Well,rather than his video card going bad,better trying to get a new monitor.