[SOLVED] (Possible) Final budget pc build plan, thoughts?

ironstem

Reputable
Aug 15, 2020
After asking questions on the forums yesterday, I think I've come to a final plan for next year, possibly around summertime. Keep in mind that I won't be changing my processor and the motherboard. The rest of the build will fall if I do so.

(ALREADY HAVE) CPU: I5-8400 (reusing from prebuilt I have now)

(ALREADY HAVE) RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 2666 MHz (upgraded in my prebuilt since I had the chance to)

GPU: GTX 1050 TI LOW PROFILE
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GTX-1050...253506011&rnid=386442011&s=electronics&sr=1-3

MOBO: B365M PRO-VDH
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-ProSerie...s=motherboard+1151&qid=1601730201&s=pc&sr=1-6

PSU: EVGA 500 BR
https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-100-BR-...ectronics&sprefix=500+,electronics,190&sr=1-4

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox NR400
https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Maste...ER,p_36:1253505011&rnid=386442011&s=pc&sr=1-5

The GPU will change in the future. I'm getting the GTX 1050ti so I can at least have a chance on playing more demanding games, possibly at 720p.

Keep in mind that the whole purpose of this build is to have something easily upgradable. The first version of this build will not contain a GPU at all, so in reality, I'll still have the same performance from the prebuilt that I have now. The prebuilt is not upgradable.

So, any questions, concerns, comments? I am 90% done with this build plan, but I'm willing to change a few things. It's all compatible.

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution
Well, right now, not at the moment. Graphics cards of any kind are in demand since the new ones came out. So, it's not a good time to buy a GPU.

Good news, tomorrow I'll get another amazon gift card. One of my uncles sent me a $25 gamestop gift card, and the gamestop near me definitely sells them. This is pure luck. Right now I have one that I've been saving since my birthday a few months ago. That means $50 less than the amount of parts, which right now is $170/$200 (the case is on a discount of $10 but will change)
LOL, good one. You can now get a better gpu. For $200 I think you can even get a 1660/super

ironstem

Reputable
Aug 15, 2020
I don't understand why the 1050 Ti. Is there an upgrade pattern (like really soon) that you look forward to? How much are ylu paying for the GPU?
I forgot to mention that the motherboard, case and PSU will be bought over time next year. I'll be selling my old pc along with some other parts and use that money to buy the motherboard, since it's the most expensive out of the three parts. I'm buying them over time, and then when my birthday comes I save up for the GTX 1050ti.

Right now it's $156 on Amazon, but it'll be around that price when I actually buy it. I'm getting it because I want something around below-average performance, and I'm getting the low profile version since I might use it in the future for lets say, some Dell Optiplex prebuilt.

I'll probably have a 1050ti for maybe a year or two before I upgrade again with a budget around $250. It'll probably be a GTX 16 series card.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Y
I forgot to mention that the motherboard, case and PSU will be bought over time next year. I'll be selling my old pc along with some other parts and use that money to buy the motherboard, since it's the most expensive out of the three parts. I'm buying them over time, and then when my birthday comes I save up for the GTX 1050ti.

Right now it's $156 on Amazon, but it'll be around that price when I actually buy it. I'm getting it because I want something around below-average performance, and I'm getting the low profile version since I might use it in the future for lets say, some Dell Optiplex prebuilt.

I'll probably have a 1050ti for maybe a year or two before I upgrade again with a budget around $250. It'll probably be a GTX 16 series card.
You can probably find a 1650S around $150 i think

ironstem

Reputable
Aug 15, 2020
Y
You can probably find a 1650S around $150 i think
Well, right now, not at the moment. Graphics cards of any kind are in demand since the new ones came out. So, it's not a good time to buy a GPU.

Good news, tomorrow I'll get another amazon gift card. One of my uncles sent me a $25 gamestop gift card, and the gamestop near me definitely sells them. This is pure luck. Right now I have one that I've been saving since my birthday a few months ago. That means $50 less than the amount of parts, which right now is $170/$200 (the case is on a discount of $10 but will change)

Reactions: Prad_Bitt

LOL, good one. You can now get a better gpu. For $200 I think you can even get a 1660/super

Solution