ChunkyCheese

Prominent
Feb 20, 2019
I recently purchased the acer XV272U 1440p ips monitor and after a few days of use I noticed a few odd things going on. I was watching YouTube when I noticed that the screens brightness looked as if it was changing levels. The monitor didn’t look as if it was flickering to black but more just changing how bright it was, I still notice it sometimes like when I first turn on my monitor or just some times randomly it happens. I’m just wondering if this is a defect or normal for the monitor. When I first noticed this I turned the monitor off and on and it went away for a little and then like I said came back but rarely. Can anyone help? If it’s a defect I want to RMA to Newegg within the 30 days so I don’t have to go through acers customer service.

I recently purchased the acer XV272U 1440p ips monitor and after a few days of use I noticed a few odd things going on. I was watching YouTube when I noticed that the screens brightness looked as if it was changing levels. The monitor didn’t look as if it was flickering to black but more just changing how bright it was, I still notice it sometimes like when I first turn on my monitor or just some times randomly it happens. I’m just wondering if this is a defect or normal for the monitor. When I first noticed this I turned the monitor off and on and it went away for a little and then like I said came back but rarely. Can anyone help? If it’s a defect I want to RMA to Newegg within the 30 days so I don’t have to go through acers customer service.
Believe you me, you do not want to deal with Acer "support"
I suggest you return it back to Newegg A.S.A.P.
I have issues with the Acer VG271U 1440 IPS display even after was "repair twice" by Acer.
Newegg had to get involved since Acer was no willing to repair the second time.
I do not have time to deal with Acer so I just gave up.