Possible GPU driver issue freezes and crashes pc totally

mathiasry343

Reputable
Jun 28, 2014
So i've been having this issues for so long now and eventviewer doesn't really help me.
when i go into games, mostly "For Honor" but it happens randomly in some games. When i enter the game after 20-30 seconds my pc freezes and i have to manually shutdown it with the power button. i can fix the issue temporary for a day and then it appears again the next day. i install a new GPU driver and then i can play for a day without problems, but the next day it happens again. It happens on all the GPU drivers i have tried from NVIDIA.
I have thought about formatting my pc but that takes time and maybe it wouldnt even work.

I have also tried removing all nvidia drivers with DDU and then clean installing the newest for my gtx 970 but today it happened again when i tried to play for honor for the first time today.

Specs: http://prntscr.com/k4pskq

Solution

The age of the card does not matter, they don't just break when they turn 4. A card can fail in a week, or run for a decade you can't just go by age to say it's a bad card.

mathiasry343

Reputable
Jun 28, 2014

my PSU model is Corsair CS550M Gold - 550W PSU
can my card just be too old? ive had it for maybe 3+ years

Update: I am formatting my PC with a clean Windows install to see if it fixes all my shitty issues....

The age of the card does not matter, they don't just break when they turn 4. A card can fail in a week, or run for a decade you can't just go by age to say it's a bad card.

Solution